Cowgirls host Wichita State

Good win. Close game. That Shockers freshman pitcher was throwing some heat in the final innings.

good win....nice for this young team to be tested despite the meltdown in the 6th. Alex Aguilar is a good pitcher that was a freshman all-american last season. Credit her...she had our hitters off balance all night.

This freshman (freshwoman?) class has a special feel to it. Could this be the group that finally gets it done in OKC? Probably not this year but at some point in the next 4 years I wouldn't be surprised. The class is loaded.

This freshman (freshwoman?) class has a special feel to it. Could this be the group that finally gets it done in OKC? Probably not this year but at some point in the next 4 years I wouldn't be surprised. The class is loaded.
I think they have an outside shot this year. OU is still the best, but they are a little down from what they normally are. Aside from their loss to a team with a losing record, they needed a walk-off to beat Miami of Ohio, and a fluke call to beat Washington.

By June, players like Godwin and Davis will have a whole season under their belt. We have to see Rosenberry against top competition, but she and Kilfoyl might be as good as anybody's 1-2 punch.

The question is will this freshman group hit that “freshman wall” at some point once the scouting report really gets out on them? Maybe this group will, maybe they don’t.

OU’s current seniors won as freshman so it’s not out the realm, although it won’t be easy. OU is a little more human compare to previous teams, but hitters 1-9 flat out rake. Although they have Maxwell, the pitching isn’t the strength of this team. While they’re still good, their pitching staff isn’t dominant

Did our Cowgirls play their best…..nope but finding a way to get the W is part of a championship caliber team.

I was shocked that Kilfoyl made the first error. I don’t recall her ever making one before….not saying she hasn’t just don’t remember it happen.

Davis error…I think she panicked when she didn’t field it cleanly. I believe Gajewski will use that as a learning tool for the next time(hope we’re not in that predicament ever) when not field it cleanly to just go to 1st to get the out. If she had gone to first…..they would end up with 2 runs and not 3.

Rosie “knock’em around” Davis came up huge with her final two at-bats. Her hitting has been quite a surprise. Hopefully she doesn’t hit that Fr. wall.

Some of our hitters are hitting the ball……unfortunately it’s not finding the holes or gaps.

Before season started….i got on a softball twitter(X) space with other softball fans across America….mainly OU fans….i have said OSU do win 16/17 or better to start the season….everyone will change their tune on this team. Most of them was mocking Gajewski coaching decision to bring in Eberle and promote Shippy-Fletcher while ousted Cloer…….they also went on predicting that OSU will not be a top 16 seed and pretty much saying we will not be ranked at all. Now some of their opinions are changing while others are holding on to their negative opinions…..love it to see them eating crow.

Back