Cowgirls vs Cows

B7
K
ground out
K

Texas wins 2-1. That 6th inning was brutal. 6 ground balls that never left the infield and they were able to score a run.

Give them credit….their pitcher pitched a gem of a game. Just carved us up after the first inning. Rubber match tomorrow. Tough strike zone but both teams had to play through it.

Last edited:
Wow. Wild top of 1st.

Great challenge by Coach G.
Lott battles and battles and then is rung up on a pitch two softballs outside
The ump was bad and had a moving zone tonight. Lott had a great AB until that pitch. She has to swing with a pitch that close especially when the ump is inconsistent. It may have been slightly off the plate, but it was close.

Can someone explain what happened with Bloodworth on 3rd and Davis up in the 2nd inning?
Bloodworth was on 3rd when Davis put the ball in play……Bloodworth made a bad running mistake on going home and then went back to third where they got her out……Davis tried to stretch it to 2nd but was thrown out for a double play

The home plate ump was very inconsistent tonight…enough said how pathetic she was.

Our hitters wasn’t aggressive like last night. Need to make adjustments and we just didn’t. Base running may have cost us a run when Bloodworth was caught in a run down at 3rd and then Davis out at 2nd on the same play. If Bloodworth didn’t make a big commit….she may have scored on the throw to 1st or stay at 3rd with either two outs or runners on the corners depend on where the throw goes to.

Defense played pretty good. The one play by Davis if she made a better throw to 1st it would have been an out. IIRC that was part of the sequence that led to them take the go ahead run. That was the only flaw I saw on defense.

Ivy pitched a pretty good game. I thought she should have couple of more K’s but when not getting some calls it leads to some uncharacteristic walks or some dink singles.

Kyra Aycock is a growing concern. She does not have the confidence in her pitching. IMO when one play does not go our way…..it looks like she trying too hard or like today just completely lost it. We really need her to gain confidence in herself and do not try to overthrow her pitches.

The home plate ump was very inconsistent tonight…enough said how pathetic she was.

Our hitters wasn’t aggressive like last night. Need to make adjustments and we just didn’t. Base running may have cost us a run when Bloodworth was caught in a run down at 3rd and then Davis out at 2nd on the same play. If Bloodworth didn’t make a big commit….she may have scored on the throw to 1st or stay at 3rd with either two outs or runners on the corners depend on where the throw goes to.

Defense played pretty good. The one play by Davis if she made a better throw to 1st it would have been an out. IIRC that was part of the sequence that led to them take the go ahead run. That was the only flaw I saw on defense.

Ivy pitched a pretty good game. I thought she should have couple of more K’s but when not getting some calls it leads to some uncharacteristic walks or some dink singles.

Kyra Aycock is a growing concern. She does not have the confidence in her pitching. IMO when one play does not go our way…..it looks like she trying too hard or like today just completely lost it. We really need her to gain confidence in herself and do not try to overthrow her pitches.
It was more of a pitching problem than a defensive problem, but Aycock putting a runner on 3rd with a walk and 2 wild pitches, and also walking the next hitter, was just killer. Especially when you lose by 1. It should have happened in the first, too (a free run scoring), but she got lucky. After how poorly she pitched against Missouri State, I thought maybe she wouldn't pitch this weekend. I know there's no good choices beyond the top 2, but then, just for this huge weekend, maybe just roll with those two.

Left way too many Cowgirls stranded on the bases. Could have blown it open early with the bases loaded and got nothing out of it. You have to deliver in those situations!

Game 3 about to start, biggest game of the year to date:

Interesting that Edwards is back to leadoff and Davis now in 2 hole. David makes her first appearance of the weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_6213.png
    IMG_6213.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
Back