Conference Realignment - What's next?

Amazon has a much larger reach than Apple.
Apple hasn't even tried and has 4 trillion in reserves.
If Apple woke up with Amazon's money, they'd jump out a window.

I agree Amazon has the deepest reach outside of Youtube.

Apple hasn't even tried and has 4 trillion in reserves.
If Apple woke up with Amazon's money, they'd jump out a window.

I agree Amazon has the deepest reach outside of Youtube.
This was the most recent report I could find. I'm thinking that must be 2022 since dec 31 2023 hasn't happened.

In its last quarterly filing of December 31, 2023, Apple reported $51.355 billion cash on hand. This is a combination of “cash and cash equivalents” and “marketable securities.” For the reporting period, cash and cash equivalents were $20,535 billion, and marketable securities were $30,820 billion.
Amazon has $58.662 billion in cash on hand, with $34.947 billion of that being cash and cash equivalents (CCE), and the remaining $23.715 billion being marketable securities.

Ummm, if the Big XII is the one that is being FORCED TO TAKE THESE SCHOOLS don’t they also have LEVERAGE in this whole process??? Yormark has been the type who will only take the deal only if it has BENEFITS to the conference $$$! It, I guess, will be interesting to see how this plays out!

Last edited:
Watching this Cincy /BYU game just seems weird. I wonder how long it will take for me to recognize them as Big 12 teams.
How long did it take to get used to TCU and WVU as Big 12 teams. Took a few years but the conference would seem incomplete without them now. WVU has really grown on me their fans are a hoot.

The 3 from the PAC and BYU may take a bit to get used to. Colorado is simply back where they belong. If we eventually end up at 24 I'd love to have the 5 left from the Big 8 and Tech bad as I hate to say it as a 6 team central division. Probably would be TCU instead of Tech travel wise though. I honestly think 24 is where all this realignment is gonna end up.

I'm not sure how I feel about Basketball members. If I'm recalling right isn't that what caused the Big East to fail.
Pitt VTech, Miami , Louisville, Syracuse and BC going to the ACC and WV joining the Big 12 was the bigger issue

Pitt VTech, Miami , Louisville, Syracuse and BC going to the ACC and WV joining the Big 12 was the bigger issue
Thought there were revenue distribution issues with the basketball only members and ND which was making the football schools unhappy.

Thought there were revenue distribution issues with the basketball only members and ND which was making the football schools unhappy.
It was a smaller pool, The Big East was an ESPN creation for showcasing big city east coast basketball.

It morphed when Miami joined around ‘91 into something of a football conference.

It also almost folded multiple times when the NCAA got weird about Miami.

It was a smaller pool, The Big East was an ESPN creation for showcasing big city east coast basketball.

It morphed when Miami joined around ‘91 into something of a football conference.

It also almost folded multiple times when the NCAA got weird about Miami.
Well Jimmy was in Miami. He may have been the biggest cheater in NCAA history. He left a trail of destruction behind him in his pursuit of a NC.

Well Jimmy was in Miami. He may have been the biggest cheater in NCAA history. He left a trail of destruction behind him in his pursuit of a NC.
Please list all championship winning coaches that didn’t cheat below.

Please list all championship winning coaches that didn’t cheat below.
Bill Snyder if conference championships count. Bad as I hate to admit it Stoops was by the book when he won his. Pretty sure Mac Brown ran as clean a program as he possibly could at UT. Keeping those donors under control is a full time job.

Bill Snyder if conference championships count. Bad as I hate to admit it Stoops was by the book when he won his. Pretty sure Mac Brown ran as clean a program as he possibly could at UT. Keeping those donors under control is a full time job.
I’ll concede Snyder.
I knew guys that played in Norman. Naah
Austin- I’m not sure but leaning Naah

I’ll concede Snyder.
I knew guys that played in Norman. Naah
Austin- I’m not sure but leaning Naah
Stoops didn't have time to cheat when he won his championship. It was in his second year and he was playing all Blake's recruits.

It's impossible not to cheat in Austin the alumni run the show and they are out of control, especially when Reds was still alive. All a coach can do down there is try to keep it under control and as clean as possible. I think Mac did that.

I had students that played in Norman, that wasn’t exactly a by the book operation.

Back