Bedlam: Cowgirls at Sooners

It does look like kelly maxwell did get the L in this game. Thought she wouldn't have since OU scored that 3rd run, because I believe that gave lexi the win over Kyra? Idk

Couple of you guys look really foolish right now. Not that Aycock was the right move, but as soon as she was announced as the starter, the game was already over as far as you were concerned. In fact, I think one comment said “we conceding the game to Maxwell.“ For as much as we don’t like being called little brother we sure do act like it a lot of the time.

Hey kelly maxwell...

suck my dick middle finger GIF
Was watching on TV and thank God there was NO BAND PLAYING THAT DAMN SONG OVER AND OVER AGAIN! You all know the one I am talking about!!! 😝

It does look like kelly maxwell did get the L in this game. Thought she wouldn't have since OU scored that 3rd run, because I believe that gave lexi the win over Kyra? Idk
Maxwell left with her team down, and they never tied it again, so she gets the L. Aycock left with the game tied at 2, and Kilfoyl took over and we took the lead, so she gets the W.

Couple of you guys look really foolish right now. Not that Aycock was the right move, but as soon as she was announced as the starter, the game was already over as far as you were concerned. In fact, I think one comment said “we conceding the game to Maxwell.“ For as much as we don’t like being called little brother we sure do act like it a lot of the time.
I think most people reacted the same (I asked "what the f are we doing?) And that was a reasonable response. It worked out, but I'm sure Kenny and Eberle didn't envision all of the wild pitches and walks. Honestly, had Kilfoyl just pitched those innings we probably, win, too. Maybe 6-1. I guess the benefit was a few less innings for Kilfoyl. Did Kyra gain any confidence from it? Not sure.

I only saw one person mention losing. Not sure what "little brother" has to do with this situation.

It looked like having Kyra worked given what the announcers were saying, both pitched differently while OU sent in the same 2 type of pitchers back to back. Lexi's off speed pitches that she threw today were so good and at the perfect time.

I think most people reacted the same (I asked "what the f are we doing?) And that was a reasonable response. It worked out, but I'm sure Kenny and Eberle didn't envision all of the wild pitches and walks. Honestly, had Kilfoyl just pitched those innings we probably, win, too. Maybe 6-1. I guess the benefit was a few less innings for Kilfoyl. Did Kyra gain any confidence from it? Not sure.

I only saw one person mention losing. Not sure what "little brother" has to do with this situation.
No doubt, when I saw the lineup I was just getting ready to post it, then the replies were already coming.

Saying the game is over before a pitch is thrown because of who the opponent is….is the very definition of little brother.

We’re so guilty of it as a fanbase now we don't even know what it means. Not directed at you, just an observation.

No doubt, when I saw the lineup I was just getting ready to post it, then the replies were already coming.

Saying the game is over before a pitch is thrown because of who the opponent is….is the very definition of little brother.

We’re so guilty of it as a fanbase now we don't even know what it means. Not directed at you, just an observation.
Oh I definitely know what you mean, though. I hate OU as much as anyone, but I don't have this need that some do to prove something to them. It's strange to me.

ESPN says the Maxwell hit a home run off of herself. Nice they put the dumbest intern on softball. I hate that organization so much.

Attachments

• IMG_3384.jpeg
    IMG_3384.jpeg
    466.4 KB · Views: 15

Coach G made an astoundingly prescient move, we used to use the process he used tonight. You start your other pitchers and use your ace as the reliever. You get to spread the ace’s innings out and you bring in the ace when the starter runs into trouble. It does work, you just bargain on getting two to three innings out a game out of the other pitchers and hope like crazy you get enough runs to make it work.

Great win for these young ladies…..I am so proud of them.

When I saw that Kyra Aycock starting tonight….i was shocked. But I got to think maybe…..just maybe Gajewski might hold Kilfoyl for game 2 kinda like Mike White at Texas does by pitching his best pitcher(Gutierrez) in game 2 instead of game 1. And then hold Ivy out till game 3 where she gets an extra day rest from her injury.

But I also like the idea to keep our pitchers from pitching a complete game. Specially against top teams like OU.

Welcome to the chat with perfect hindsight a day after the game. I think everyone discussing in real-time last night just wanted someone to make it make sense.

Now let’s take game 2!

Last edited:
Welcome to the chat with perfect hindsight a day after the game. I think everyone discussing in real-time last night just wanted someone to make it make sense.

Now let’s take game 2!
Vince Vaughn GIF

I was in the chat “in real time…..”

Kenny G and this team have earned our trust and support. What they’re doing is amazing. Whatever lineup he sets, fine, let’s go win.

Last time we took game 1 from them they came back and whooped our butts. Plenty of work to do.

Back