2024 Portal Season

Justin McBride has entered the portal. Only remaining players from last year's team who have not entered the portal are Thompson, Keller, and Dow.

It will be interesting to see what a nearly full scale roster overhaul over the course of one off-season looks like.
I really like Keller and think he would thrive in the new style of play. He should have been getting good minutes from the very first game (that he wasn't injured)

Justin McBride has entered the portal. Only remaining players from last year's team who have not entered the portal are Thompson, Keller, and Dow.

It will be interesting to see what a nearly full scale roster overhaul over the course of one off-season looks like.
It can't get any worse. As bad as we were, a full roster overhaul will at worst bring you the same talent level with a bunch of guys that are totally bought in to what you're trying to do. We make not make the tourney, but it's an ok step in trying to get back to relevancy. I wish anyone who leaves all the best, unless they go to ou. :ROFLMAO:

It can't get any worse. As bad as we were, a full roster overhaul will at worst bring you the same talent level with a bunch of guys that are totally bought in to what you're trying to do. We make not make the tourney, but it's an ok step in trying to get back to relevancy. I wish anyone who leaves all the best, unless they go to ou. :ROFLMAO:

We could have less talent and still wind up with an equal record to last years team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am mostly excited about the overhaul. I agree that it should lead to buy in from the guys he brings in. I am excited about the fact that the realistic expectation will probably be a finish similar to this past season in the W-L column. Means we probably won't be too disappointed with nearly any result next year, but have a decent chance to overperform and be pleasantly surprised. My honest expectation is that the talent level takes a significant hit but Lutz puts together a blue collar bunch, coaches them well, and wins 16-17 games in year one, laying the groundwork for more progress in Year 2.

I'd say our chances of a better record than this last season are above 50-50. Top half of the Big 12? Less than 50-50, but maybe not much worse, maybe two or four under .500., not horrible, considering. JMO

One thing that stands out w this Cisse story and you see it across all sports at Oklahoma State. That is…We may not always get it right but 99.9% of the time we treat our student athletes the right way. We have a culture of athletic, academic, character, emotional and familial/community development. And not only that we win at the highest levels.

I think at the end of the day we will see this portal and NIL chaos settle into a meaningful positive for the student athlete. Once boosters across the country see that the ROI is not there at a meaningful level NIL will revert to the original intent which in turn will calm the portal and return it to its intent. You will still have outliers like UT and aTm and Miami but sanity will return.

The culture at Oklahoma State will prevail (already see it in all sports w exception of MBB w our football, wrestling, baseball and softball being the most glaring examples). It’ll take a couple of years but it’ll get there and we should be proud of it. Kids want to be here.

Back