2023 OSU Football Schedule

Independence Day Hello GIF

We have a ton of talent, it’ll be an 8-11 win season
It should be. This year should've been at least 10 wins, too. The way Gundy handled the offseason and how he's made no changes to the anemic offensive staff, hired a D2 coordinator (who had a mediocre D2 defense), and just generally has been disappointing, I just don't have much confidence in his handling of the program.

It should be. This year should've been at least 10 wins, too. The way Gundy handled the offseason and how he's made no changes to the anemic offensive staff, hired a D2 coordinator (who had a mediocre D2 defense), and just generally has been disappointing, I just don't have much confidence in his handling of the program.
Where have I heard this before?

The new DC deserves a chance before all of the criticism. He made great improvements in just one year at the school he was just at. I love the scheme he runs also, will be very beneficial in the long run.

From what I've heard they are completely revamping the run game and the locker room issues are better. Add to that, the return of Birmingham and a new starting caliber OT and we should see an uptick running the ball.

They've identified the issues and are moving forward with a plan. Plus, Gundy's teams always over-perform when backed in a corner.

From what I've heard they are completely revamping the run game and the locker room issues are better. Add to that, the return of Birmingham and a new starting caliber OT and we should see an uptick running the ball.

They've identified the issues and are moving forward with a plan. Plus, Gundy's teams always over-perform when backed in a corner.
How is our division 3 hires?

Is nobody else stunned to see ZERO games in Texas? I'm a little shocked that we didn't get a single traditional B12 Texas matchup. It kind of feels like being relegated to the kids table at Thanksgiving, and made me wish for an SEC invite more than I ever have before.

I worried about the Texas and Big 12 North schools teaming up to push OSU out of the limelight, and that appears to be happening. Concerned about recruiting after losing anyone good to the portal, clocking in the 500th ranked class, and now zero visibility in Texas.

On the flipside, wow what an easy schedule. It's almost as easy as Georgia's schedule next year. Anything less than 9-3 would really be inexcusable, so watch Gundy go 8-4 and claim some major turnaround.

Is nobody else stunned to see ZERO games in Texas? I'm a little shocked that we didn't get a single traditional B12 Texas matchup. It kind of feels like being relegated to the kids table at Thanksgiving, and made me wish for an SEC invite more than I ever have before.

I worried about the Texas and Big 12 North schools teaming up to push OSU out of the limelight, and that appears to be happening.
Relax. It’s 1 year

I worried about the Texas and Big 12 North schools teaming up to push OSU out of the limelight, and that appears to be happening. Concerned about recruiting after losing anyone good to the portal, clocking in the 500th ranked class, and now zero visibility in Texas.

On the flipside, wow what an easy schedule. It's almost as easy as Georgia's schedule next year. Anything less than 9-3 would really be inexcusable, so watch Gundy go 8-4 and claim some major turnaround.
Relax. It’s 1 year
I'm pretty sure we play at Houston. I would like more Texas games too, but that is probably happening next year.

How is our division 3 hires?
I don't understand the question.

But I think you're asking about our new DC. I recommend listening to Gundy's interview from this morning. It's on Spotify from Triple Play Sports.

Notably, he said he had 3 SEC and 2 Big 10 coordinators interested. He explains the whole process and it was very enlightening.

But I think you're asking about our new DC. I recommend listening to Gundy's interview from this morning. It's on Spotify from Triple Play Sports.

Notably, he said he had 3 SEC and 2 Big 10 coordinators interested. He explains the whole process and it was very enlightening.
He’s being very gopokes

I hope he is great! I just don’t understand the hire but hope I can get a better understanding soon

I hope he is great! I just don’t understand the hire but hope I can get a better understanding soon
Our defensive coaches that helped interview him said that he reminds them of a younger Knowles. He is also one of the best coaches in running the defense that Gundy wants to move to (3-3-5 that ISU runs as well as KSU and TCU run a version of). Reports are that all of his players love him and some of those that have worked with him are predicting that he will be a head coach within 5 years. He just has that "it" factor.

Our schedule sets up as mostly winnable games. I wish we going to Tejas for an extra game but going to Coug High is our biggest recruiting ground.

Our schedule sets up as mostly winnable games. I wish we going to Tejas for an extra game but going to Coug High is our biggest recruiting ground.
Our schedule sets up to put us in the CCG if we can put together a team like we normally have. Especially considering the other main contenders have some rough schedules.

Our defensive coaches that helped interview him said that he reminds them of a younger Knowles. He is also one of the best coaches in running the defense that Gundy wants to move to (3-3-5 that ISU runs as well as KSU and TCU run a version of). Reports are that all of his players love him and some of those that have worked with him are predicting that he will be a head coach within 5 years. He just has that "it" factor.
Well thanks for the info. I hope he has a dominant defense

Back