Oct. 6Kansas State (Friday)
Oct. 14Kansas
Oct. 21at West Virginia
Oct. 28Cincinnati (Homecoming)
Nov. 4Oklahoma
Nov. 11at UCF
Nov. 18at Houston
Nov. 25BYU

BYU on Rivals Weekend??? I guess the media partners wanted the "last" OU/OSU game hype for a different weekend. I would think any of the Hateful 8 teams would have been a better matchup for that weekend.

Also since we got hosed on the bye week last year, you would think the conference would do us a solid and put the bye week right in the middle of conference play. I think bye weeks should be limited to conference play weeks 3 through 7.

I am a fan of getting BYU at home as well as playing all the rest of the new teams. I loke our chances of getting bowl eligible with this schedule. Only getting one Texas team (@ Houston) is extremely weird though.

In a normal year, looking at that schedule, I would have high hopes of getting to the CCG. Now I'm hoping that 2022 was an aberration. I have high hopes we will be back close to the kind of season we have come to expect out of the Pokes. They may be unfounded hopes, but we will find out come this fall.

There isn't a game on that schedule we cannot win. In any other year we would be favored in every game except the OU game.

I am a fan of getting BYU at home as well as playing all the rest of the new teams. I loke our chances of getting bowl eligible with this schedule. Only getting one Texas team (@ Houston) is extremely weird though.
I’m all for the UCF game. Definitely going to try and make it down there.

Might visit my other alma mater with a road trip to Tempe.

II hear Orlando is pretty nice in November too.

I have two thoughts about this schedule: 1) it sucks. I'd rather not play OU at all and not playing the traditional Texas school is not a good thing for OSU. I think you can see how the new look Big 12 is not going to be good. Is anyone really interested in UCF, Houston, or BYU? They do nothing for me (especially Houston and UCF). And the returning conference champs on a Friday night? No thanks. 2). win-wise, it looks like a very favorable schedule. If the Cowboys were a decent team, I could easily see a 10-2 or even 11-1 year. Alas, it's not the case and I can very easily envision a 6-6 or 4-7 year. Depends on which Gundy shows up. Right now, I don't have a lot of confidence.

With the schedules now released, does anyone know how the conference is going to pick the title game qualifiers? You could very easily have several teams with the same conference record.

I have two thoughts about this schedule: 1) it sucks. I'd rather not play OU at all and not playing the traditional Texas school is not a good thing for OSU. I think you can see how the new look Big 12 is not going to be good. Is anyone really interested in UCF, Houston, or BYU? They do nothing for me (especially Houston and UCF). And the returning conference champs on a Friday night? No thanks. 2). win-wise, it looks like a very favorable schedule. If the Cowboys were a decent team, I could easily see a 10-2 or even 11-1 year. Alas, it's not the case and I can very easily envision a 6-6 or 4-7 year. Depends on which Gundy shows up. Right now, I don't have a lot of confidence.
We have a ton of talent, it’ll be an 8-11 win season

Back