Weekend series VS WVU

Crull strikes out.

Teams have ups and downs during a season, but the question I ask is: what does this team have to fall back on? What are we good at? What do we pride ourselves in? Every year it seems to be the same answer.
I’m puzzled too… The post season run in 2016 was the last time this team felt really electric. I made both weekends that year. Since then we’ve added superstar coaches to the bench but seem to be gradually regressing. It’s as if things are expected to happen organically and we’re simply unable to manufacture any spark on our own. When hitting is on, pitching is off and vice versa. When both look like maybe, just maybe, they have life, injuries happened but no one takes up the slack. I commented a few weeks ago that the midweeks appear to be losing importance to the coaches. At least that’s how I see it. We experiment with pitching. Leave them in too long or bring them in for puzzling situations. That would all be ok if we could at least snag 2 of 3 on the weekends. This is not the Oklahoma State brand I’ve followed for 40 plus years.

Crull strikes out.

Teams have ups and downs during a season, but the question I ask is: what does this team have to fall back on? What are we good at? What do we pride ourselves in? Every year it seems to be the same answer.

Makes you wonder about team leadership. Where is it? Who is holding their fellow players accountable. It can’t be roses and rainbows all the time. The leader in the club house has to set expectations with their team mates and define the standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m puzzled too… The post season run in 2016 was the last time this team felt really electric. I made both weekends that year. Since then we’ve added superstar coaches to the bench but seem to be gradually regressing. It’s as if things are expected to happen organically and we’re simply unable to manufacture any spark on our own. When hitting is on, pitching is off and vice versa. When both look like maybe, just maybe, they have life, injuries happened but no one takes up the slack. I commented a few weeks ago that the midweeks appear to be losing importance to the coaches. At least that’s how I see it. We experiment with pitching. Leave them in too long or bring them in for puzzling situations. That would all be ok if we could at least snag 2 of 3 on the weekends. This is not the Oklahoma State brand I’ve followed for 40 plus years.
Well then get that damn toy dinosaur back in the dugout.

I'm curious if Holliday has a sense of being "untouchable or entitled" as the OSU Head Coach? He grew up around a successful Poke team as a kid with his dad being assistant and then head coach, and then he eventually played for the Pokes. This school is in his DNA. Throw in the legend Ventura at his side and OSU Hall of Famer Walton on the staff and somehow Josh loses his drive. Maybe he isn't comfortable being the "leader" with Ventura/Walton around? I certainly think after this season is the correct time for the A.D. to have a discussion about future expectations.

I'm curious if Holliday has a sense of being "untouchable or entitled" as the OSU Head Coach? He grew up around a successful Poke team as a kid with his dad being assistant and then head coach, and then he eventually played for the Pokes. This school is in his DNA. Throw in the legend Ventura at his side and OSU Hall of Famer Walton on the staff and somehow Josh loses his drive. Maybe he isn't comfortable being the "leader" with Ventura/Walton around? I certainly think after this season is the correct time for the A.D. to have a discussion about future expectations.
A head Oklahoma State coach that graduated from and played at Oklahoma State, entitled? Surely you jest

Back