Massachusetts: $1,152,992
California: $1,072,248
Washington: $1,024,599
New Jersey: $1,010,101
New York: $999,747
Colorado: $896,273
Florida: $882,302
Wyoming $872,896

Makes sense. My perception is definitely skewed by living in Denver. No way $500k here is top 1%, lol.

Jimmy Carter made it to 100.

Regardless your view on his politics he is certainly one of the best men to hold the office of the President. We won't have him much longer but so glad he reached the milestone.

He can still run for another term

If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

The pipeline of deadly fentanyl into the U.S. may be drying up, experts say​

Updated October 1, 2024 6:03 PM ET

This summer, Dan Ciccarone, a physician and street drug researcher at the University of California, San Francisco, sent a team to gather data on the city's streets in areas where illicit fentanyl has been a killer for years. They found something unexpected.

"The fentanyl supply is drying up for some reason," Ciccarone said. "Hang out on the streets, talk to people — the drugs are hard to find and more expensive."

Yeah. They are also fighting to prevent automation so they won't get replaced. So employ more people than necessary

If i was getting a 62% wage increase over the next 5 years the last thing I'd want is to get replaced by a machine.

If i was getting a 62% wage increase over the next 5 years the last thing I'd want is to get replaced by a machine.
I get it, i wouldnt either. But maybe that's a hint to find a different career path. If your job can easily be automated, maybe find one that isn't.

I'm guessing a machine doing it would be faster and cheaper in the long run, otherwise they wouldn't be considering a replacement. Drops costs and speeds the supply chain up for everyone.

I don't support keeping things manual just to protect someone's job... especially if they are demanding huge pay raise. Why not go back to pick and shovel for digging, or get rid of automation in the car industry, or any number of other places where machines replaced a subset of people and made things better.

Back