US continues to go backward...

The University of Florida’s then-president, Ben Sasse, dished out over $1.3 million on dinners, tailgates, and social functions 🐊🎓🏈💰 He doubled what his predecessor spent. His holiday party featured a $38,610 sushi bar 🍣 200 guests dined on sushi that two chefs rolled alongside traditional dishes. The event cost $176,816, $900 per person. https://www.wuft.org/fresh-take-flo...holiday-party-that-cost-nearly-900-per-person

$EC money....

Probably had a few 'crutes there

Elon Musk Secretly Funded Effort to Remove Democrat Texas Prosecutor with false claims he released pedophiles and killers

Elon Musk secretly funneled hundreds of thousands of dollars into an effort to turf a Democratic prosecutor in Texas, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal.

The Texas resident and Tesla and SpaceX CEO was the chief financier of Saving Austin, a group that distributed incendiary material attacking District Attorney José Garza during the Democratic primary, including fliers that baselessly accused him of “filling Austin’s streets with pedophiles & killers,” the Journal reports. Alongside that tagline, the fliers contained an image of the Travis County DA next to a bloody teddy bear and the warning, “The next victim could be your loved one.”

Musk’s participation may have been more personal than political due to one key factor: his reported hatred of investor and philanthropist George Soros, a supporter of the DA.

The progressive Soros, 94, has donated millions to political action committees in support of district attorney candidates who advocated for reforms to the justice system and greater accountability for law enforcement. That includes Garza’s 2020 campaign, when the Soros-backed Texas Justice and Public Safety PAC spent $450,000. Soros did not contribute to this year’s race.

Garza and his opponent in the Democratic primary, Jeremy Sylestine, told the Journal they didn’t know about Musk’s involvement, and both previously condemned the Saving Austin flier. Garza won the March primary with two-thirds of the vote and is expected to win re-election in November.

Records reviewed by the Journal said Saving Austin, which spent more than $650,000 on television ads attacking Garza, took money from Republican consultants and former employees of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX).

Musk, the Journal reported, has privately compared Soros to a supervillain. He’s also done it in public, tweeting that the Hungarian-American businessman reminds him of the X-Men’s greatest foe, Magneto (Magneto, like Soros, is a Holocaust survivor, and Musk’s comments received a rebuke from Jewish groups.)

“In my opinion, he fundamentally hates humanity,” Musk said of Soros last year, on Joe Rogan’s podcast. “He’s doing things that erode the fabric of civilization—getting DAs elected that refuse to prosecute crime.”

Soros is also a longtime fixation of far-right conspiracists whose fascinations Musk has openly flirted with, including racist theories about the erosion of white culture by immigrants.

The Journal suggests Musk, the world’s richest man with a net worth of more than $200 billion, may have been more politically active than he let on before he promised to spend millions to elect former President Donald Trump in July.

Unlike Musk’s Trump-supporting America PAC—which had to register with the Federal Election Commission and publish its donors—the Texas campaign was mounted by using a tax-exempt organization type that can keep donor names secret.

I spend too much time reading, discussing and thinking about the state of American “Christianity”. But this week has reinforced how broken we are.

The rumors and innuendos regarding Haitian immigrants should be a wake up call to every person in this country who calls themselves a Christian.

If the rumor is true and just 1 immigrant did what was suggested then the Jesus I serve wouldn’t shame His child or spread a story that demeaned His child. And he certainly wouldn’t do it in a way that devalued His child for the sole purpose of gaining something else (like political favor). No! The Jesus I serve would sit down w His child and break bread and then “wash his feet.”

If the rumors are not true then a couple of things.

One why are you laughing at or spreading lies? These are people no different than you or I when it comes to basic needs and dreams. The difference is that you were born in America. You went to school for free. You got sick you got healthcare even if you couldn’t afford it. Your roof didn’t leak. You didn’t have a dirt floor. When you became an adult there was a job if you wanted it. So again if it’s not true and you are posting memes or liking someone’s meme on social media or spreading gossip about it at work or on line I ask … Is your life that $h!++y that you feel bigger by putting someone else down bc they weren’t born in Merica? Because I guarantee you that Haitian is 10 times the person and has more fortitude than you ever will.

And finally two. If you’ve liked or shared or laughed at this why don’t you go read up on #9 of those 10 Commandments you so desperately want posted in every classroom. Something about bearing false witness.

It just saddens me. It’s partly why I refuse to go to church in Oklahoma. Until our leaders spend as much time calling out this as they do LGBTQ or other culture war issues they will continue to lose influence. It’s why they turn to Christian Nationalism. Can’t grow the congregation and in turn the offering plate then we’ll force you to “accept” salvation.

True or not the American Chirch has failed miserably on this one.

I spend too much time reading, discussing and thinking about the state of American “Christianity”. But this week has reinforced how broken we are.

The rumors and innuendos regarding Haitian immigrants should be a wake up call to every person in this country who calls themselves a Christian.

If the rumor is true and just 1 immigrant did what was suggested then the Jesus I serve wouldn’t shame His child or spread a story that demeaned His child. And he certainly wouldn’t do it in a way that devalued His child for the sole purpose of gaining something else (like political favor). No! The Jesus I serve would sit down w His child and break bread and then “wash his feet.”

If the rumors are not true then a couple of things.

One why are you laughing at or spreading lies? These are people no different than you or I when it comes to basic needs and dreams. The difference is that you were born in America. You went to school for free. You got sick you got healthcare even if you couldn’t afford it. Your roof didn’t leak. You didn’t have a dirt floor. When you became an adult there was a job if you wanted it. So again if it’s not true and you are posting memes or liking someone’s meme on social media or spreading gossip about it at work or on line I ask … Is your life that $h!++y that you feel bigger by putting someone else down bc they weren’t born in Merica? Because I guarantee you that Haitian is 10 times the person and has more fortitude than you ever will.

And finally two. If you’ve liked or shared or laughed at this why don’t you go read up on #9 of those 10 Commandments you so desperately want posted in every classroom. Something about bearing false witness.

It just saddens me. It’s partly why I refuse to go to church in Oklahoma. Until our leaders spend as much time calling out this as they do LGBTQ or other culture war issues they will continue to lose influence. It’s why they turn to Christian Nationalism. Can’t grow the congregation and in turn the offering plate then we’ll force you to “accept” salvation.

True or not the American Chirch has failed miserably on this one.
This is a big reason I stopped being religious. Was born and raised Catholic, went to Catholic school for 13 years. The amount of hypocrisy I saw was mind numbing. I will always support someone’s right to believe what ever religion they want. But when it starts affecting those that don’t I have issues. I still think if religious leaders bring politics up on their pulpit they should loose their 501c(or what ever the term is).

This is a big reason I stopped being religious. Was born and raised Catholic, went to Catholic school for 13 years. The amount of hypocrisy I saw was mind numbing. I will always support someone’s right to believe what ever religion they want. But when it starts affecting those that don’t I have issues. I still think if religious leaders bring politics up on their pulpit they should loose their 501c(or what ever the term is).
Ditto as someone raised Southern Baptist. I haven't attended a church in years now because of the same thing. Church I saw isn't about religion or worshipping God. It was a way to control and have power/influence. If you were a church leader you were a power in my hometown.

Kid saw another student with a bullet. Waited until he thought it was safe (and after a standardized test they were starting) to tell someone so he would be anonymous and safe. So they suspend him, and make it public.

And both kids got the same punishment.

Today, Mike Adams, the outrageous conspiracy theory nut who calls himself the "Health Ranger", but called the quack's quack by others unleashed a disgusting fear mongering, pro Russia sounding rant piece that went:

"We are truly on the verge of the end of the world, and we have unelected criminal traitors and morons in charge who claim the American people are the real threat. Note that Russia detonating an underwater nuke will avoid releasing radioactive fallout in the atmosphere, and will concentrate the fallout into the ocean water that inundates the USA. Kiss New York good-bye. D.C. will be gone. Boston, Norfolk VA, Miami, you name it. All gone. No warning, no evacuation. Tens of millions die in mere minutes, then millions more from radiation poisoning. America will be utterly defeated and will have to negotiate a surrender with Russia. There won't be a single incoming ballistic missile to respond to. Just a massive radioactive tidal wave that's 1,000 feet high (or more) and will travel tens of miles inland, poisoning to death everything it touches. Thank the Dems, the treasonous corporate media, Big Tech election rigging collusion and people like Mike Pence for putting us in this situation. Stolen elections have real consequences."

Today, Mike Adams, the outrageous conspiracy theory nut who calls himself the "Health Ranger", but called the quack's quack by others unleashed a disgusting fear mongering, pro Russia sounding rant piece that went:

"We are truly on the verge of the end of the world, and we have unelected criminal traitors and morons in charge who claim the American people are the real threat. Note that Russia detonating an underwater nuke will avoid releasing radioactive fallout in the atmosphere, and will concentrate the fallout into the ocean water that inundates the USA. Kiss New York good-bye. D.C. will be gone. Boston, Norfolk VA, Miami, you name it. All gone. No warning, no evacuation. Tens of millions die in mere minutes, then millions more from radiation poisoning. America will be utterly defeated and will have to negotiate a surrender with Russia. There won't be a single incoming ballistic missile to respond to. Just a massive radioactive tidal wave that's 1,000 feet high (or more) and will travel tens of miles inland, poisoning to death everything it touches. Thank the Dems, the treasonous corporate media, Big Tech election rigging collusion and people like Mike Pence for putting us in this situation. Stolen elections have real consequences."
This idiot needs serious psychiatric analysis.

I cannot, for the life of me, understand the obsession with trans people all of a sudden. Do you just need a new person / group to hate? Hating brown people isn't enough anymore? It has ZERO effect on your life, whether somebody is trans, gay, etc.

There are real issues in this country that need working on. Trans / gay and pet eating are not it.

I cannot, for the life of me, understand the obsession with trans people all of a sudden. Do you just need a new person / group to hate? Hating brown people isn't enough anymore? It has ZERO effect on your life, whether somebody is trans, gay, etc.

There are real issues in this country that need working on. Trans / gay and pet eating are not it.

This worked so well. Why not expand into new people to incorrectly focus hate toward?
1726590113226.png

Back