The Death Spiral

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a really good article on the issue as well.

Dr. Paul McHugh, the university distinguished service professor of psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, explains:

When ‘the tumult and shouting dies,’ it proves not easy nor wise to live in a counterfeit sexual garb. The most thorough follow-up of sex-reassigned people—extending over 30 years and conducted in Sweden, where the culture is strongly supportive of the transgendered—documents their lifelong mental unrest. Ten to 15 years after surgical reassignment, the suicide rate of those who had undergone sex-reassignment surgery rose to 20 times that of comparable peers.
Good ole Heritage, misconstruing the study used completely. It had an incredibly small sample size and is by no means the "most thorough follow-up of sex-reassigned people. From that study:

Participants​

All 324 sex-reassigned persons (191 male-to-females, 133 female-to-males) in Sweden, 1973–2003. Random population controls (10∶1) were matched by birth year and birth sex or reassigned (final) sex, respectively.

Now lets take a look at a a much larger study and look at those results and numbers of participants:

Results:​

A total of 27 studies, pooling 7928 transgender patients who underwent any type of GAS, were included. The pooled prevalence of regret after GAS was 1% (95% CI <1%–2%). Overall, 33% underwent transmasculine procedures and 67% transfemenine procedures. The prevalence of regret among patients undergoing transmasculine and transfemenine surgeries was <1% (IC <1%–<1%) and 1% (CI <1%–2%), respectively. A total of 77 patients regretted having had GAS. Twenty-eight had minor and 34 had major regret based on Pfäfflin’s regret classification. The majority had clear regret based on Kuiper and Cohen-Kettenis classification.

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8099405/

Wanna keep grasping at straws here?

You are just making things up now. Please stop.

There are genetic causes, but the exact genes have not been isolated yet: "Multiple family and twin-based heritability studies have provided evidence for the polygenetic inheritance of GD. Molecular genetic studies, to date, have no conclusive evidence of any gene identified for GD."

Nothing made up about 3-10 year old kids being obsessed with ideas they’ll completely abandon in a couple of years. Your kid likes Post Malone you gonna let him get face tattoos before he starts 5th grade? Why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good ole Heritage, misconstruing the study used completely. It had an incredibly small sample size and is by no means the "most thorough follow-up of sex-reassigned people. From that study:

Participants​

All 324 sex-reassigned persons (191 male-to-females, 133 female-to-males) in Sweden, 1973–2003. Random population controls (10∶1) were matched by birth year and birth sex or reassigned (final) sex, respectively.

Now lets take a look at a a much larger study and look at those results and numbers of participants:

Results:​

A total of 27 studies, pooling 7928 transgender patients who underwent any type of GAS, were included. The pooled prevalence of regret after GAS was 1% (95% CI <1%–2%). Overall, 33% underwent transmasculine procedures and 67% transfemenine procedures. The prevalence of regret among patients undergoing transmasculine and transfemenine surgeries was <1% (IC <1%–<1%) and 1% (CI <1%–2%), respectively. A total of 77 patients regretted having had GAS. Twenty-eight had minor and 34 had major regret based on Pfäfflin’s regret classification. The majority had clear regret based on Kuiper and Cohen-Kettenis classification.

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8099405/

Wanna keep grasping at straws here?
Ahh, the old tried and true "don't like the source" approach.

This is a really good article on the issue as well.

Dr. Paul McHugh, the university distinguished service professor of psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, explains:

When ‘the tumult and shouting dies,’ it proves not easy nor wise to live in a counterfeit sexual garb. The most thorough follow-up of sex-reassigned people—extending over 30 years and conducted in Sweden, where the culture is strongly supportive of the transgendered—documents their lifelong mental unrest. Ten to 15 years after surgical reassignment, the suicide rate of those who had undergone sex-reassignment surgery rose to 20 times that of comparable peers.
The website and author's bio tell me all I need to know

Ryan T. Anderson, Ph.D.

@RyanTAnd
Former Visiting Fellow, DeVos Center
Ryan T. Anderson, Ph.D., researches and writes about marriage, bioethics, religious liberty, and political philosophy.

Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY

It's worse than that. A little girl as young as 2 can start saying, "I am a boy". It's more like little kids are sexualizing themselves. Once again, how terrible it is for little kids thinking they were born of the wrong sex.

https://www.npr.org/sections/13.7/2...en-know-at-age-2-they-were-born-the-wrong-sex
You sound like you’re buying this bs? How terrible will it be when they realize that their virtue signaling parents used them as a science experiment when they were 2 and ruined their life. You gotta be trolling at this point.

Last edited:
I'd sooner the left give up their obsession with sexualizing our children.

Seriously, one of the most disturbing things I’ve ever seen on the internet. I pray that you are not allowed within 100 miles of children. Absolutely sick.
sorry for the confusion, I originally did not include your whole sentence...so I copied it above...thought you would understand what I was talking about by just including part of it and asking for you to "tell me more" via the meme...hope this clears it up and where your head seemed to go...

Last edited:
I can definitely see why you would try to cover your tracks. Get help man. And stay away from kids please.
pretty sure you're the only one who interpreted it wrongly...not covering tracks, just trying to help you understand...

pretty sure you're the only one who interpreted it wrongly...not covering tracks, just trying to help you understand...
I sure hope I misinterpreted it but man it made my skin crawl. Thanks for clearing it up. Tell ya what, I’m willing to extend some grace and give you the benefit of doubt. In the meantime we should probably all pump the brakes a little. Agreed ?

lolz

After all the insults, accusations, and rage posting in this thread, and THIS is the one you call out? The groupthink is strong with you.
You don’t think calling someone a child predator is worse than those other insults that you also were throwing out? You’re damn right I think this is worse.

Reactions: PF5
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back