Super regionals

I think Josh coaches tight feeling the hometown pressure, his dad pouring so much into it as well and his genuine passion to not fail. IMO it’s one of his negatives. He does a lot right but he does micromanage and plays struggling guys to a fault. Watching on tv it didn’t feel like there was much energy games 2 & 3 vs FL. Dozens of empty seats. People won’t stand much during big rallies. I think it’s a combo of long time history but not much recent postseason success weighing on JH
Sunday night was outstanding. There were a few empty seats, but the crowd was really into it. At least, as much as they could be considering the lack of things to cheer about.

If Josh can't candle the pressure of coaching at Oklahoma State when hosting a regional, maybe he's not the right guy. It's not like he's at LSU.

Sunday night was outstanding. There were a few empty seats, but the crowd was really into it. At least, as much as they could be considering the lack of things to cheer about.

If Josh can't candle the pressure of coaching at Oklahoma State when hosting a regional, maybe he's not the right guy. It's not like he's at LSU.
High probability he would have already been fired if this was LSU.

@Cowboy4life9688 call my post boring all you want but the fact remains that for 3 straight years we've hosted a regional. 3 straight years the winner of our regional has made Omaha. ZERO of those years has said team be us.

Whats the answer? Where is the end of the runway?

Kentucky leads Oregon State 3-2 in 9th. Oregon State hits what should be a double with one on and two outs, but the 1st baseman makes contact with the batter and he can't advance to 2nd. No obstruction called. Still have to have a hit to tie it with runners at 1st and 3rd.

And the next Oregon State batter takes strike three right down the middle and Kentucky makes its first trip to Omaha

Agreed. Hopefully, A.D. Weiberg has a post season review with Josh and certainly while congrats are warranted for the B12 championship, a discussion on what is needed to get to the next level takes place. Hopefully, expectations of the university and fans are clearly stated that OSU baseball is expected to be a national contender. The resources and fan support are there.
As for the "settlers" on the board that don't like this discussion, sorry but everyone needs a fire lit under their ass sometimes.

So what exactly can money buy or resources provide to take us to the next level? We have major-league facilities, adding analysis, tools, and a Hall of Fame pitching coach. Is the head man the soul issue?

Everyone’s thoughts on ACC vs SEC?
They need to assign Supers based on conferences. Sucks there’s no Oral Roberts or underdog teams this yr.

They need to assign Supers based on conferences. Sucks there’s no Oral Roberts or underdog teams this yr.
It is what it is. Only one unseeded team made it meaning that the committee did a decent job of seeding. The South just takes baseball more seriously than the rest of the country, except the West Coast. West Coast schools have had some down years the past few years

My thoughts won’t be popular here.

Some say Florida didn’t belong because of their record, but look who they played compared to who teams like the College of Charleston played.

I don’t see the SEC as the big meanie, but I recognize that my perspective is different.

I’ll add this:

Is the national tournament supposed to a field of the best teams in the nation or a field of the conferences?

If it’s the latter, reduce the field and only include the conference champs.

If it’s the former, cut out the conference tournaments. Why play the conference tournaments and then immediately replay them by matching up the same teams the following week?

It is what it is. Only one unseeded team made it meaning that the committee did a decent job of seeding. The South just takes baseball more seriously than the rest of the country, except the West Coast. West Coast schools have had some down years the past few years
Yes I think the absence of Cal State Fullerton, UCLA, etc as well as the down years from TCU, Texas Tech and Texas somehwat has opened the door for this. It's not an every year thing, just happened to be this year.

Back