Super regionals

UGA getting CRUSHED by NC Stae 11-0…all in T2…yikes The Pack has been rolling as of late and UGA had arguably the easiest regional last weekend so might be showing it in game 1 at least.

It was perfect use of short and long ball followed by defensive blunders.

I have not followed UGA closely. From local talk, it seems this team doesn’t have all of the pitching it needs.

The coach is in his first season and has gotten a lot out of the roster he inherited.

Of course, Florida showing early why they are avg SEC team and have no business being in Super. You are welcome Clemson for the easy path to Omaha. We are just returning the favor from when you helped us prep for Columbia Super in 2016.

Last edited:
Of course, Florida showing early why they are avg SEC team and have no business being in Super. You are welcome Clemson for the easy path to Omaha. We are just returning the favor from when you helped us prep for Columbia Super in 2016.
Yep, their staff has struggled all year long, so if you take advantage, you beat them

I’m watching a lot of these teams whose batters get up there and bat very aggressively hitting base hits consistently where people aren’t. It creates big rallys when teams can consistently get base hits. I think we’re going to get the same results we’ve been accustomed to for several years now until Josh gets more well rounded baseball players and stops recruiting or coaching an entire roster to swing for the fences at every at bat. When you have guys that approach the plate in that way, you sometimes win games big with a home run fest. But when you face good pitchers or you need a base hit and all they’re used to doing is swinging for the fences, you get a ton of strikeouts and you lose your own regionals. It’s really too bad because for once this year at the end of the year, our pitching was pretty darn good.

I’m watching a lot of these teams whose batters get up there and bat very aggressively hitting base hits consistently where people aren’t. It creates big rallys when teams can consistently get base hits. I think we’re going to get the same results we’ve been accustomed to for several years now until Josh gets more well rounded baseball players and stops recruiting or coaching an entire roster to swing for the fences at every at bat. When you have guys that approach the plate in that way, you sometimes win games big with a home run fest. But when you face good pitchers or you need a base hit and all they’re used to doing is swinging for the fences, you get a ton of strikeouts and you lose your own regionals. It’s really too bad because for once this year at the end of the year, our pitching was pretty darn good.
I had a lot of fun as a kid during the Ward era watching the Pokes and all of that offense.

Having said that though, I've wondered for years why more small ball is not played in HS & College. Why do more coaches not employ a philosophy of putting more pressure on defenses to execute with steals, bunts, etc...? To me an aggressive approach like that is more likely to succeed than just swinging aggressively and getting feast or famine results.

Back