OT: Questions about living in OKC

How is traffic out there? Is it gridlock during the rush hours? It's awful here in central Florida although folks in places like Houston, LA, Philly, etc., might say theirs is worse. Lol!
Its not terrible, but obviously depends on specific roads / days / construction / wrecks, etc.... Definitely better than most big metros. Its gotten even better since covid, because a lot of people work remotely, which has cut traffic a bit.

I've lived in a few different regions in the US, and found that OKC has really good food comparatively.
Pizza
Hall's Pizza Kitchen
Empire Slice House
Upper Crust
The Wedge
many others

Tacos - lots of "street taco" places around here, and also Central American food, not just Tex-Mex.
Taco Nation
1 million others if you can find them. Go to the places where they don't speak English, and its cash only.
honestly, I'm still searching for the best Mexican / Tex-Mex in this area. There are infinite options.

Fish - seafood can be more sparse around here, but not impossible to find. Most of the sit-down restaurants have salmon and other fish on the menu. Charleston's, Cheevers, etc....
Full disclosure, I don’t live in OKC, but have a good buddy who does and we always eat GOOD when I go down to visit. A very few recommendations from my limited knowledge:
Ma Der Lao - incredible Laotian food
Riserva - upscale Mediterranean food. Best pita I’ve had in my life. The area, Chisholm Creek, looked to have several spots worth going back to check out.
Sunnyside Diner - tasty breakfast spot. Had some vegan options too

Full disclosure, I don’t live in OKC, but have a good buddy who does and we always eat GOOD when I go down to visit. A very few recommendations from my limited knowledge:
Riserva - upscale Mediterranean food. Best pita I’ve had in my life. The area, Chisholm Creek, looked to have several spots worth going back to check out.
Riserva is really good and have heard nothing but great things about Ma Der Loa.

Thanks!

Back