Do you believe in God & life after death?

Why hasn't god given the "gift" of knowing him to the trillions of other life forms on this planet? We are just THAT lucky, huh? Of all the planets in all of the universes...

"Do you believe in God & life after death?"

No. And if there is a God, he's got a LOT of explaining to do.

To quote Stephen Fry - "Bone cancer in children? What's that about? How dare you. How dare you create a world to which there is such misery that is not our fault. It's not right. It's utterly, utterly evil."

Now I'll wait for the "It's not God's fault it's a fallen world, it's ours", crowd. And I wish I could curse on here because I would say something that rhymes with buck too. "God loves us so much he lets us suffer and die." NONE of you would let your own children suffer due to actions that aren't their own fault. Not. A. One. Of. You. So spare me the God is so holy BS. The bible is a book written by people with a bronze age understanding of the world and it shows through its social brutality and ignorance of the scientific physical processes of the world.

This question just always gets me fired up. I've had enough of all religion and I'm ready for it to be a history course topic.

Last edited:
Why hasn't god given the "gift" of knowing him to the trillions of other life forms on this planet? We are just THAT lucky, huh? Of all the planets in all of the universes...
Maybe it's just that God hates us less than he hates everything else. Specifically bugs and insects. The pain in their short lifecycle is shocking. Darwin lost his faith from studying it:

"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created the Ichneumonidae with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of caterpillars."

"Do you believe in God & life after death?"

No. And if there is a God, he's got a LOT of explaining to do.

To quote Stephen Fry - "Bone cancer in children? What's that about? How dare you. How dare you create a world to which there is such misery that is not our fault. It's not right. It's utterly, utterly evil."
I pulled up that video to post based on @Verbal's post before I saw yours.

Back