Oklahoma is going backwards

Cherokee Nation Principal Chief Chuck Hoskin Jr.

Governor Kevin Stitt has already rejected federal funds that would have provided meals for our students.

Yet Stitt somehow found $1.5 billion in incentives to bribe a refinery to build its new green $5.5 billion refinery in Cushing. Corporate welfare done in hopes that the company will be generous in giving money to the party that did it.

Oklahoma Man Who Posted Fake Photo Of Kamala Harris With Jeffrey Epstein Gets Arrested For Child Sexual Abuse

Oklahoma Man Who Posted Fake Photo Of Kamala Harris With Jeffrey Epstein Gets Arrested For Child Sexual Abuse

I don't see anywhere in the article that says he posted the picture in question. If it was a random Facebook share of the picture I'm thinking of, I'd be he did along with millions of other people. If it was something more, I'm curious what he posted.

Regardless if he's guilty may he receive a fitting punishment.

COVID/Obesity?
One more thing that there isn't enough data to know the full impact but I am pretty convinced we are going to have to reckon with at some point is light and its effects on mortality.

Between people being indoors and nightshift more commonly plus the dermatologists telling the rest of us to cover up and avoid the sun like the plague we are not getting sunlight like we did in the past. Then, we have replaced incandescent indoor lighting with LED lights that are focused on the 400-500 nm blue light spectrum only. This gives better lumens/watt but people are no longer getting red and NIR spectrum from indoor lights either. We have cut UV, red, and NIR. Dang near every patient I see is Vit D deficient.

I'm sure most figure, so what? Well, we evolved in light. It is an energy source. Two large cohort studies have shown increased UV exposure to cause decreased all-cause mortality, not increased. UV exposure is associated with decreases in hypertension, diabetes, CV disease, and MS. Significant overlap with the diseases that we blame lack of exercise and crappy processed food. So, how much is each issue at fault? That would be really difficult to figure out.

The law of unintended consequences is common in life and medicine is no exception.

ga1_lrg-3.jpg

One more thing that there isn't enough data to know the full impact but I am pretty convinced we are going to have to reckon with at some point is light and its effects on mortality.

Between people being indoors and nightshift more commonly plus the dermatologists telling the rest of us to cover up and avoid the sun like the plague we are not getting sunlight like we did in the past. Then, we have replaced incandescent indoor lighting with LED lights that are focused on the 400-500 nm blue light spectrum only. This gives better lumens/watt but people are no longer getting red and NIR spectrum from indoor lights either. We have cut UV, red, and NIR. Dang near every patient I see is Vit D deficient.

I'm sure most figure, so what? Well, we evolved in light. It is an energy source. Two large cohort studies have shown increased UV exposure to cause decreased all-cause mortality, not increased. UV exposure is associated with decreases in hypertension, diabetes, CV disease, and MS. Significant overlap with the diseases that we blame lack of exercise and crappy processed food. So, how much is each issue at fault? That would be really difficult to figure out.

The law of unintended consequences is common in life and medicine is no exception.

View attachment 6690
On this subject, for the nerds out there, this app is free and pretty cool at guiding safe UV exposure to optimize vit D. From Dr Michael Holik, an endocrinologist and leading authority on Vit D.

"Patriotism"... I hate the headlines they've used for this story. It should have been "School tells student he can't violate parking lot safety policies"

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
We’re a totally republican controlled state. What would you expect? Safety be damned, local control be damned, the small government hypocrites putting their noses where they don’t belong. Public schools under attack with media support. Taking away funding, supporting private religious schools. It’s an open playbook. My guess is persons within the Department of Public Safety have been warned to be silent. Department of Transportation too.

Today I learned why Oklahoma hasn't been COMPLETELY destroyed by the far right and why we can actually stop unconstitutional and illegal mandates... And our legislators, to no surprise, want to stop that.

Be glad to swap our liberal justices for swapping out our partisan ultra conservative Supreme Court justices. Who are so obviously conservative and partisan so as to not recuse when spouses are involved . Thomas and Alito have zero integrity.

Today I learned why Oklahoma hasn't been COMPLETELY destroyed by the far right and why we can actually stop unconstitutional and illegal mandates... And our legislators, to no surprise, want to stop that.

It's more like a number of Oklahoma conservatives have problems with the ways the Oklahoma Constitution is written. The State Supreme Court is merely going by what it says. Conservatives want the selection process changed to how new supreme court judges are picked, so they will be conservative. Hopefully, citizens will be willing to stop it, should it come up for a vote.

It's more like a number of Oklahoma conservatives have problems with the ways the Oklahoma Constitution is written. The State Supreme Court is merely going by what it says. Conservatives want the selection process changed to how new supreme court judges are picked, so they will be conservative. Hopefully, citizens will be willing to stop it, should it come up for a vote.

So they want activist judges legislating from the bench?

Back