Jeremiah Johnson Requests Release from Oklahoma State

Can't say I blame him if he is looking to see the floor early. Not many minutes to be had for him on the roster that Lutz is constructing. I was hoping we could get him in and redshirt him.

I don't get it unless it is a money thing. Johnson is ranked around 100 over-all and 13-14 at PG depending on where you look. Very few P4 schools would be able to bring him in and make him the immediate starter and most of those schools are schools where someone with his talent probably wouldn't want to play for. Maybe it is better to be a back-up at a higher ranked school than trying to come into a new coaching situation and battle for the position at OSU.

Brantley is the only true PG. Dean at 5-11 with 124 Assists and 114 TO's at FIU seems like a depth player. No one else for the PG position.

Currently, I see some version of Brantley, Keller, Thompson, and Davis being the biggest contributors at the PG/SG/SF positions. With the bad season that Davis just had and how Thompson has been, there should have been plenty of minutes for Johnson since Lutz plays with a deep bench.

I don't get it unless it is a money thing.

Currently, I see some version of Brantley, Keller, Thompson, and Davis being the biggest contributors at the PG/SG/SF positions. With the bad season that Davis just had and how Thompson has been, there should have been plenty of minutes for Johnson since Lutz plays with a deep bench.

I also wonder if Keiton and/or Scott had any input on this - i.e. they weren't wild about him to begin with (despite his class ranking). I agree that money is the more likely issue, but maybe their input was a factor, as well.

Maybe he wants to play to prove his value thereby positioning himself for a better payday next year. Maybe we will be able to afford him next year.

Back