January 6...a day that will live in infamy

Personally I’d be happy if we still hung guys for sedition and shot spies, but we don’t do that anymore. Just like we no longer hang guys for rustling some 25 dollar cattle or 30 dollar horses, or basically give life sentences for selling pot. There’s all kinds of things we used to punish the hell out of people for doing that we no longer do. That’s why I asked if it was normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes.

It's normal.

There is a sentencing process with sentencing guidelines and this proposed sentence is within those guidelines.

Normal.

Yes.

It's normal.

There is a sentencing process with sentencing guidelines and this proposed sentence is within those guidelines.

Normal.
I think he is arguing that 33 years isn't enough maybe?..sedition category the min is 20 And the max is Death Penalty......the closer to 20 the lesser the punishment of what was possible...maybe he thinks 33 is too close to 20 and thinks it should have been more and it isn't fair ONLY being 33 ?

And found out he was squeezing his own.
That can happen when you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground! I wonder if Trump likes to ridicule Lindell when in private. "That crazy fool has been nothing but worthless to me. He never did me a bit of good."

Last edited:
Proud Boys leader Joseph Biggs sentenced to 17 years for Jan. 6 riot npr

Joseph Biggs, a former military service member who helped lead efforts by the Proud Boys to take over the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, was sentenced to 17 years in prison for seditious conspiracy and other crimes committed during the riot more than two years ago.

Judge Timothy J. Kelly also sentenced Biggs to three years of supervised release and a ban on any interactions with organizations that advocate violence against the government.
The most severe sentence doled out to Jan. 6 rioters so far is 18 years given to Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes. He was similarly convicted of seditious conspiracy in a separate case in May.

Before being sentenced, Biggs begged for forgiveness and leniency. He downplayed his role in the Jan. 6 riots and said that day was set to be the last event he planned to do with the Proud Boys as he had plans to step back from the organization.
"I was seduced by the crowd," Biggs said of the mob in front of the U.S. Capitol. "Curiosity got the better of me and I will regret that for the rest of my life."

Trump campaign aide told police officers to 'go hang yourself' at Jan. 6 riot​

WASHINGTON — The No. 2 official in New Hampshire on Donald Trump's presidential campaign told police to kill themselves in an expletive-ridden Jan. 6 video shot close to the U.S. Capitol, according to a recording posted this month by an X account associated with the "Sedition Hunters," a group of online sleuths who have helped authorities identify hundreds of people present that day.

"If you are a police officer and are going to abide by unconstitutional bulls---, I want you to do me a favor right now and go hang yourself, because you’re a piece of s---," Dylan Quattrucci, the deputy state director of Trump's campaign in New Hampshire, says in the video. "Go f--- yourself."

Four officers who responded to the riot on Jan. 6, 2021, later died by suicide. The Justice Department determined this month that one of the officers, Jeffrey Smith, died in the line of duty as part of a process that awards survivor benefits to his widow.

Two people who are familiar with Quattrucci confirmed to NBC News that the man in the video is him. The video shows him wearing the same outfit he was wearing in tweets he posted that day that were first surfaced by WMUR-TV of Manchester.

Some Members of Conservative think tank groups , Retired Conservative Judges, and Law professors & Legal Scholars are now starting to support this and it is starting to gain momentum, even in conservative states and areas.​

State election officials prepare for efforts to disqualify Trump under 14th Amendment​

The push to disqualify Trump under this constitutional clause gained more traction when two members of the conservative Federalist Society, William Baude and Michael Stokes Paulsen, recently supported the idea in the pages of the Pennsylvania Law Review. Following the Baude and Paulsen article, retired conservative federal appeals judge J. Michael Luttig and Harvard Law Professor Emeritus Laurence Tribe made the same argument in The Atlantic.

Now, threats of filings against Trump under this clause are gaining steam in a number of states, including New Hampshire and Arizona and in Michigan, a lawsuit to disqualify Trump was filed on Monday. Secretaries of state say they have started to take steps to prepare for the possibility of administering elections without the current GOP front-runner.

In an interview with ABC News, Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson, a Democrat, said that she and other secretaries of state from Pennsylvania, Georgia, Nevada, New Hampshire and Maine started having conversations over a year ago about preparing for the legal challenges to Trump's candidacy.

"I'm talking every day with colleagues about this, we're all recognizing that our decisions that we make may in some cases be the first but won't be the last and there may be multiple decision points throughout the course of the election cycle," Benson said. "So, I think the public needs to be prepared for this to be an ongoing issue that is it has several resolution points and evolutions points throughout the cycle."

But as conversations grow around the use of the 14th Amendment provision, some legal scholars and election officials are increasingly concerned about the practicality of the emerging lawsuits.

"The most difficult aspects of the litigation that the challenges to Trump's eligibility will generate probably aren't so much substantive as they are procedural," Tribe wrote in an email to ABC News, noting that there is a lack of clarity about who has standing to bring the challenges.

"You can be sure that many secretaries of state, advised by many legal experts from across the ideological spectrum, are now studying the details of the legislative regimes in place in their respective states for dealing with challenges to the eligibility of candidates aspiring to become president," he continued.

I certainly believe that the 14th amendment Section 3 should prevent Trump from being allowed on the ballot. I have three questions I’d like answers too. 1. Why secretaries of state, and not every voting age citizen they tried to rob of their legally cast vote?
2. Elections are coming up for many House members, why does the 14th Amendment Section 3 not apply to the 147 Congressional persons who illegally voted to overturn legal election results ?
3. How can these seditious players retain their offices when they’ve so clearly violated their oaths of office!

I certainly believe that the 14th amendment Section 3 should prevent Trump from being allowed on the ballot. I have three questions I’d like answers too. 1. Why secretaries of state, and not every voting age citizen they tried to rob of their legally cast vote?
2. Elections are coming up for many House members, why does the 14th Amendment Section 3 not apply to the 147 Congressional persons who illegally voted to overturn legal election results ?
3. How can these seditious players retain their offices when they’ve so clearly violated their oaths of office!
Can you expand on 147 people that “illegally voted” on election results? Are you saying that their vote not to certify the Presidential election was illegal?

Can you expand on 147 people that “illegally voted” on election results? Are you saying that their vote not to certify the Presidential election was illegal?
147 Republican congressman: 138 House republicans and 8 senators voted in one way or another to invalidate the legitimate election results. I believe this is an act of sedition and they shouldn’t be involved in any legislation currently and should be removed from office certainly at the end of their terms but preferably much sooner. Therefore none will be eligible to run for office again. I’m certainly no expert or attorney but I can read and comprehend the simple and very clear meaning of the 14th amendment section 3.

As a former teacher, I had to raise my hand and swear not to teach against the Constitution. I certainly understood to do otherwise would cost me my career. Also, in this current environment, a teacher today openly speaking against our Constitution would be fired nearly immediately, after brief due process . Why aren’t these traitors facing immediate consequences?

147 Republican congressman: 138 House republicans and 8 senators voted in one way or another to invalidate the legitimate election results. I believe this is an act of sedition and they shouldn’t be involved in any legislation currently and should be removed from office certainly at the end of their terms but preferably much sooner. Therefore none will be eligible to run for office again. I’m certainly no expert or attorney but I can read and comprehend the simple and very clear meaning of the 14th amendment section 3.

Because voting to delay certification until an examination of the election processes isn’t the same as overturning an election.

Because voting to delay certification until an examination of the election processes isn’t the same as overturning an election.

Several prominent lawyers have stated otherwise regarding the President. Why aren’t all the others indicted that participated? Rabid underlings are receiving long prison sentences. Is everyone in office exempt? I don’t think so, but I’m far from a legal scholar.

You don’t have to be successful in order to have committed this crime.

That's not an act of sedition by definition.

Not by a very long shot.

That's not an act of sedition by definition.

Not by a very long shot.
My cousin was on the law review at Harvard, and said Lawrence Tribe was absolutely brilliant. How can he and members of the conservative Federalist Society be so wrong?

Last edited:
Well my cousin stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

Funny
Thanks for the non answer
They all took oaths to defend and protect the Constitution. How is voting to ignore actual results,delay counting ,promote false electors , keep claiming Trump won when they knew he didn’t copacetic ?
Tribe was one of her teachers. She knew him pretty well. He’s one of the persons saying the 14th amendment could come into play. Does your holiday cousin hold the same law degree you do?

Back