Gaetz Will Try To Oust McCarthy As Speaker This Week For Averting Government Shutdown

I think buying health insurance from some guy selling fake Rolexes from inside his trenchcoat would be better than our current model but I get your point.

I do find it interesting that many conservatives are very anti-government and want the government to leave them alone but are quite supportive and at times even dependent on certain government programs. I'm not saying you personally and am generalizing, but the theme is out there.

I have a relative who's husband retired from Tinker under CSRS and they live off of his retirement income. I will retire under FERS which will make my retirement plan signficantly (~50%) lower than his. Yet, she whines about taxes, supports taking away holidays for federal workers, and wants the current federal retirement plan to go away. Anti-govenrment, now that the government supports her lifestyle.
I’m in business with historically low margins. I have to take advantage of every chance I get. I am conservative, but I also know when people go hungry or get desperate bad things happen.

Look at it like this, we live in a world of fine for me but not for thee. I made it through college on PELLs and any other government program I could find. If it’s there you use it. People that look down on that either never had to make it all work, have trust funds, or are sitting on their ass.

I didn’t say it’s right, that’s just how it works out
A lot of it is marketing, and there is a big difference between "grass fed" (all ruminants eat grass) and grass finished. True grass finished beef will have yellow fat and have a "gamey" taste that most US consumers would not like. Grass fed/finished beef is a niche market and is not what makes the beef world go round.

A lot of it is marketing, and there is a big difference between "grass fed" (all ruminants eat grass) and grass finished. True grass finished beef will have yellow fat and have a "gamey" taste that most US consumers would not like. Grass fed/finished beef is a niche market and is not what makes the beef world go round.
It’s nonsense like organic.

Americans have been conditioned to like crappy tasting beef.

I don't disagree, and while I don't begrudge producers that can make a buck in a niche market, if that's what they want to do. Most of these things like organic, grass fed, antibiotic free, non-gmo, gluten-free, etc. are just cleverly designed marketing ploys designed to separate consumers from their money.
This is absolutely correct.

Although some people have gluten allergies. But that doesn’t excuse gluten free for so many people. More like 1 in about 10 million people. Gluten free for everyone else is absolute garbage.

Although some people have gluten allergies. But that doesn’t excuse gluten free for so many people. More like 1 in about 10 million people. Gluten free for everyone else is absolute garbage.
You are correct, celiac disease is real and gluten free is critical for them, but everyone else, meh.

I once saw gluten free bottled water, as if there were a gluten version...

Strongly disagree. Ciliac is on a scale and there are quite a few people who are just below the level of antigen needed to have a formal diagnosis, but feel like shit eating gluten anyway.

Strongly disagree. Ciliac is on a scale and there are quite a few people who are just below the level of antigen needed to have a formal diagnosis, but feel like shit eating gluten anyway.
Celiac disease is real and I have seen people suicidal because of it. Gluten sensitivity is crap and they eat more gluten without knowing it than a normal diet.

Back