Fire NARDO!!!

As for Nardo, I don't see how anyone can look at the results on the field the last two seasons and come to any other conclusion than he was not ready for this level of competition. Maybe with experience he eventually will be but why should OSU be the place for his "on the job training".
Yep, disastrous hire. If it’s the scheme Gundy wanted, and the guy had references pointing us to him, should have offered him an analyst type position to come in and advise. Waiting 4-5 years to see if he can figure it out should not be an option.

Honestly I’m surprised with the fans and media it’s not just a given that Nardo should be gone after the year. As I pointed out in another thread, our D struggles are comparable to ou’s O, 129th vs 128th, and it’s just a given amongst their fans and even homer media that Littrell is done after the year and this is his first as OC. And he’s an ou guy!

Yep, disastrous hire. If it’s the scheme Gundy wanted, and the guy had references pointing us to him, should have offered him an analyst type position to come in and advise. Waiting 4-5 years to see if he can figure it out should not be an option.

Honestly I’m surprised with the fans and media it’s not just a given that Nardo should be gone after the year. As I pointed out in another thread, our D struggles are comparable to ou’s O, 129th vs 128th, and it’s just a given amongst their fans and even homer media that Littrell is done after the year and this is his first as OC. And he’s an ou guy!
Wait it out and hire Venables in December.

So what was different about the play calling and where did the change originate?
Sorry for the late response been hooked up today!

I’d say the biggest thing was playing Rangel at QB. We had some different schemes in place to fit his athleticism compared to Bowman. Ran more zone read and counter read plays and less RPO’s. When Bowman had to come back in, we went back to more of the RPO stuff. We did get in a couple different formations that BYU hadn’t seen. Ollies first long TD, we shifted late to a new formation.

I think you’re right in that Gundy had a lot of influence on the offense going into this week. I just seen it to many times on TV where he was standing there alone and not saying a word (his normal sideline style), to know he wasn’t calling the offense. This is really what angers me about Dunn. He shows flashes of being a good play caller but it’s way too inconsistent.

OU just fired their OC. I sure wish Gundy would do the same with Nardo. Our defense can’t stop anybody.
Credit to Venables for addressing something that was painfully obvious and trying to give his team a spark. Gundy’s excuses for why things can’t be done in season are outdated. There are so many guys on staff nowadays it’s easier than ever. Obviously it’s not optimal, but when you’re in that scenario, it’s rock bottom, and that’s where we’re at defensively. Oh, and apparently Littrell didn’t get the injury pass.

It was very clear last year the guy was in way over his head and should not have been brought back. His style is passive, and like I have always said passive schemes lead to passive play. It also conveys a lack of confidence in your players. The drops we play in zone defense are terrible. Combine that with little pressure and average QB’s look like All American. This hire was a complete failure and has to be corrected with a coordinator who knows how to call plays at D1 level.

We should hire Littrell today. Wasn't his fault OU sucked. We have twice the talent on offense

Shocked Pawn Stars GIF by DefyTV

Back