DeSantis 2024 Run Thread

Dictator level control... remember kids your parents must tell the govt it is ok to be called a nickname...what a crock of shi*...it's just like North Korea where thr govt can dictate what hair style can be worn.....cepr this is Florida and the govt gets to control what name you can be called

Florida Students Now Need Parental Permission to Use Nicknames, 'Alternate' Names Under New Ron DeSantis Rule

Dictator level control... remember kids your parents must tell the govt it is ok to be called a nickname...what a crock of shi*...it's just like North Korea where thr govt can dictate what hair style can be worn.....cepr this is Florida and the govt gets to control what name you can be called

Florida Students Now Need Parental Permission to Use Nicknames, 'Alternate' Names Under New Ron DeSantis Rule

Not sure I’d go full outrage mode on this one. If you or your kid wants them to be called anything other than the legal name in the school records then whoever’s legally in charge of the kid needs fill out a form to approve it? Seems like a pretty good idea. Little Tommy Jones needs to be identified or found but he’s been demanding everyone including his teacher call him Jack Brewer it could lead to some issues in a school emergency situation. And if my kid starts demanding that everyone call her MyNi##a or some BS I’m definitely going to want to have some input on the subject! I have to fill out a form with who can pick my kid up from school and another with alternate phone numbers, so why not one for an alternate name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure I’d go full outrage mode on this one. If you or your kid wants them to be called anything other than the legal name in the school records then whoever’s legally in charge of the kid needs fill out a form to approve it? Seems like a pretty good idea. Little Tommy Jones needs to be identified or found but he’s been demanding everyone including his teacher call him Jack Brewer it could lead to some issues in a school emergency situation. And if my kid starts demanding that everyone call her MyNi##a or some BS I’m definitely going to want to have some input on the subject! I have to fill out a form with who can pick my kid up from school and another with alternate phone numbers, so why not one for an alternate name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mostly agree with you.

Thomas Jones is probably going to need one of those forms before anyone can call him Tommy though.

Not worth outrage, but I think the "school emergency situation" justification is a bit bogus. If he needs to be identified or found, the school and the family are going to know and be able to tell the police or others the nicknames he goes by. It was never a problem with my kids who all go by common nicknames for their given names....and had been from the day they were born. If it was truly a safety/identification issue, the school could make a record of expressed preferred names/aliases without a form requiring the parent endorse the same.

At the same, Florida has a law that specifically says teachers and administrators are under no obligation to refer to students by pronouns other than those assigned at birth . This law doesn't REQUIRE teachers and administrators to refer to students by nicknames or any other name other than their legal name. IMO, this law is pretty squarely directed at getting a record of parents that authorize a trans student to identify/use a trans name. Given other statutes in Florida regarding criminalizing gender-affirming care, it does cause me some concern....not outrage, but concern.

What a crock of crap. DeSantis now wants to move in and move past Disney!!??!!!! He's the sole and only reason and responsible for it ;!!!!!!???

Ron DeSantis Says He Has “Moved On” And Disney Should Drop Its Lawsuit Against Him

Mostly agree with you.

Thomas Jones is probably going to need one of those forms before anyone can call him Tommy though.

Not worth outrage, but I think the "school emergency situation" justification is a bit bogus. If he needs to be identified or found, the school and the family are going to know and be able to tell the police or others the nicknames he goes by. It was never a problem with my kids who all go by common nicknames for their given names....and had been from the day they were born. If it was truly a safety/identification issue, the school could make a record of expressed preferred names/aliases without a form requiring the parent endorse the same.

At the same, Florida has a law that specifically says teachers and administrators are under no obligation to refer to students by pronouns other than those assigned at birth . This law doesn't REQUIRE teachers and administrators to refer to students by nicknames or any other name other than their legal name. IMO, this law is pretty squarely directed at getting a record of parents that authorize a trans student to identify/use a trans name. Given other statutes in Florida regarding criminalizing gender-affirming care, it does cause me some concern....not outrage, but concern.
The school emergency deal isn’t bogus at all. You have to have a list of names to be able to account for students. If you have a kid going by a nickname that’s not on a roll sheet then you have a problem, especially in an emergency with a sub in the room. The odds of it being an issue are long, but they do exist to where you must an adequate roll sheet for an emergency.

Every sub and Every teacher has a roll sheet with the 'official' name of each student, and most have the 'nickname' that the kid has previously used..those wanting to say we can't use 'nicknames' for safety are full of $*!+....if a kid wants to be called Beavis, or Butthead, or Spongebob, or Bear, or Dick, or Jane, w(ho)tf cares, what is it hurting?!?!

Every sub and Every teacher has a roll sheet with the 'official' name of each student, and most have the 'nickname' that the kid has previously used..those wanting to say we can't use 'nicknames' for safety are full of $*!+....if a kid wants to be called Beavis, or Butthead, or Spongebob, or Bear, or Dick, or Jane, w(ho)tf cares, what is it hurting?!?!
You don’t think an elementary school should inform a parent if a student is demanding to be called a name much different than what the parent call their child?

This should not require a form, but it is obviously in response (and arguably an over-reaction) to some school districts having policies not to inform parents. This seems like a non-issue to me and not remotely a big-deal.

You have not one damn clue about what you are spouting or have dealt with, nor are you thinking beyond the end of your nose. My statement isn’t about trans or anything else, it’s about being able to account for everyone quickly and efficiently.

Most subs are trying to survive the day much less know how to pull the class roll up on the computer. I’ve had to deal with the issue of a student telling their sub a different name because they wanted to be Arial for an hour and we couldn’t reconcile the roll for about 15 minutes. I can’t imagine the issues if we had an actual real emergency and not a drill.

Glad you guys find me humorous, but you would be the first ones ripping my azz if I couldn’t find your kid because they wanted to use a different name. So FYATHYRIO
Trigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited by a moderator:
You have not one damn clue about what you are spouting or have dealt with, nor are you thinking beyond the end of your nose. My statement isn’t about trans or anything else, it’s about being able to account for everyone quickly and efficiently.

Most subs are trying to survive the day much less know how to pull the class roll up on the computer. I’ve had to deal with the issue of a student telling their sub a different name because they wanted to be Arial for an hour and we couldn’t reconcile the roll for about 15 minutes. I can’t imagine the issues if we had an actual real emergency and not a drill.
I actually do have a clue what I 'spouted', and have dealt with, not sure if I was thinking beyond the end of my nose...maybe you meant seeing beyond nose...
Most (all actually) subs are given a printed roll sheet with names, so they do not have to pull them up on a computer as you say...if your school is not giving your subs a printed roll sheet, then shame on you, and try to do better from now on...

I actually do have a clue what I 'spouted', and have dealt with, not sure if I was thinking beyond the end of my nose...maybe you meant seeing beyond nose...
Most (all actually) subs are given a printed roll sheet with names, so they do not have to pull them up on a computer as you say...if your school is not giving your subs a printed roll sheet, then shame on you, and try to do better from now on...
You have no clue, none, but why am I shocked? You did not read what I wrote, but that’s not surprising. Go drink a Bud Light and get your mind right.

You have no clue, none, but why am I shocked? You did not read what I wrote, but that’s not surprising. Go drink a Bud Light and get your mind right.
Bud light is uncanceled now

Kid Rock spotted drinking Bud Light months after shooting up cans of it to protest Dylan Mulvaney partnership

typical response when you are outed and corrected...I read what you wrote and responded to it...you have no retort, so you resort to your usual when someone betters you...you are an administrator (overpaid) that needs to rethink how you give info to your subs...I would tell you to go drink a bud light, but I'm sure you are 'stinking it to the man' because they had the gall to give a six pack to a transgender...

Back