Dem POTUS candidate 2024? Who will it be

Polds4OSU

Marshall
I'm going all in 100% ...Biden will not be the Dem candidate.....CNN has anonymous advisors to the POTUS telling them Biden wife and daughter are going to convince him to step down and retire to keep him from going down worse than now

So who do you have??

The Democrats need to realize something the GOP realized in 2016.

People don't like politicians. Nominate, the Rock, George Clooney, Oprah, John Cena or David Letterman.

Just have a figurehead. Nobody really cares.

The Republican Party is standing at halfcourt with their collective thumbs high and deep and giving the Democrats an open layup and I think they'll still find a way to dribble it off their foot.

I'm going all in 100% ...Biden will not be the Dem candidate.....CNN has anonymous advisors to the POTUS telling them Biden wife and daughter are going to convince him to step down and retire to keep him from going down worse than now

So who do you have??
Please... ANYONE sane and wanting to help the country. Is that too much to ask?

Honestly. I think it'll be Kamala and a center-left governor VP.

Please... ANYONE sane and wanting to help the country. Is that too much to ask?

Honestly. I think it'll be Kamala and a center-left governor VP.
The dems have a Kamala problem. Everyone knows that she probably shouldn't be the one. But, how is she the VP and we need a stand in for the president and we aren't going to pick her? Add in the racial and sexist claims that will generate........ uggh.

My pick:

Shooting Terry Crews GIF by Idiocracy

From Trump with his odd rantings sounding like he is messed up in his elderly head worse than ever, I don't think it will be all that bad if Biden and his family gets his way and he stays on, but America deserves someone better than either Trump or Biden. If he thinks he has been doing better since the debate from being better rested or whatever, the more likely he won't willingly go.

Last edited:
My serious pick if Joe steps down is Kamala. I don’t think they can get around the campaign fund issue and if they pass her over the black vote suddenly becomes even more rocky than it already is. She can’t win but I don’t think they have a choice. This is exhibit A for hiring people based on merit. They have no one to blame but themselves.

My serious pick if Joe steps down is Kamala. I don’t think they can get around the campaign fund issue and if they pass her over the black vote suddenly becomes even more rocky than it already is. She can’t win but I don’t think they have a choice. This is exhibit A for hiring people based on merit. They have no one to blame but themselves.
In fairness, she ran an OK campaign. It is as VP that she has appeared weak.

In fairness, she ran an OK campaign. It is as VP that she has appeared weak.
VPs don't really have a strong role. Support Pres, don't distract or do anything stupid.

Maybe I haven’t paid enough attention to her. What should she have done that she hasn't or hasn't done well?

I agree with your first part, if they pass her over the women, black voters will be pissed.

Disagree with the she can't win thought. I think she'd lose in a normal election but I think she wont lose any anti-Trump vote that Biden would get. Could be rose colored glasses though.

VPs don't really have a strong role. Support Pres, don't distract or do anything stupid.

Maybe I haven’t paid enough attention to her. What should she have done that she hasn't or hasn't done well?
While the role does not require strength, some VPs do more and others do less. Either way, they are often asssigned policy areas they are supposed to advocate. Nobody that I have seen has claimed that she has been a role model at any of that.

"Her 3-1/2 year White House tenure has been characterized by a lackluster start, staff turnover, and early policy portfolios including migration from Central America that did not produce major successes."

As I said earlier, she is the obvious choice. But, not a choice without risk. And there is high risk if they choose her or if they choose to go around her.

She isn't white or male enough for some people.

I do think that women are in a catch-22 of being seen as too mild if they are at all tentative/kind and if they show strength they are labeled a bitch instead of strong.

While of course there are racists, I don't think they were voting Democrat anyway. We had a president named Barack who was black. I don't see race as the big holdup. If she stays tentative she loses. If she shows strength they are gonna label her. That is the issue.

The dems have a Kamala problem. Everyone knows that she probably shouldn't be the one. But, how is she the VP and we need a stand in for the president and we aren't going to pick her? Add in the racial and sexist claims that will generate........ uggh.

If only there was a mechanism where Democratic voters could see the best candidates and run statewide elections to see who is the most popular candidate.

Something like a Democratic Presidential Primary; where the Democratic Party could encourage all candidates to run and contest to see who was best at generating interest, public debate and finding consensus. And then you could count all the votes and see who was the best Democratic presidential candidate for the general election.

I don’t like Trump, but the Democratic Party is killing the Democratic Party.

Back