COVID never left, people still getting it

Polds4OSU

Marshall
Wife and I both tested positive this week. Dr at the minor ER I got tested at yesterday said that he had seen over 20 people that day and every single person had tested positive for COVID and said he had 80%+ the day before were testing positive

NYC reporting positive cases up 55% this week

Good news...this strain has a lower hospitalizations and death than previous strains

Wife and I both tested positive this week. Dr at the minor ER I got tested at yesterday said that he had seen over 20 people that day and every single person had tested positive for COVID and said he had 80%+ the day before were testing positive

NYC reporting positive cases up 55% this week

Good news...this strain has a lower hospitalizations and death than previous strains

You went to the ER for Covid symptoms?

You went to the ER for Covid symptoms?
Had to get positive PCR test from Dr for work HR benefits

Primary Dr couldn't get me in for 4 days... minor ER co pay is same as Dr visit and I can get in and out in 20 min.....so yeah went to the ER for a COVID test so I could take advantage of HR time off benefits for those who test positive for COVID without having to sacrifice all my sick time for the year for COVID

Company makes us jump some hoops but it's worth it to spend $20 copay to save 5 days of sick time

Had to get positive PCR test from Dr for work HR benefits

Primary Dr couldn't get me in for 4 days... minor ER co pay is same as Dr visit and I can get in and out in 20 min.....so yeah went to the ER for a COVID test so I could take advantage of HR time off benefits for those who test positive for COVID without having to sacrifice all my sick time for the year for COVID

Company makes us jump some hoops but it's worth it to spend $20 copay to save 5 days of sick time
You were sick enough that you couldn’t go to work? I knew that another wave was coming. I just figured it would be a little closer to the election. Curious, how many jabs have you had?

You were sick enough that you couldn’t go to work? I knew that another wave was coming. I just figured it would be a little closer to the election. Curious, how many jabs have you had?
No..I can still work ...but a positive PCR test can allow me to work from home if I feel well enough too as well has given me some extra sick days to use if I need them

With a positive PCR test I can work from home and not have to worry about any of my team mates getting sick as well.

This is the first time either me or my wife have ever had COVID and we were both fully vaccinated

Per the doc I talked to yesterday he said they are about to approve another booster shot announcement this winter due to this Eris strain

Last edited:
What the hell is wrong w you man? Seriously you come on here spouting scripture one day and then tit memes the next.

Who cares if he went to the ER. It’s his story and has zero effect on you. Yet your self righteous pretentious arse has to chime in.

And what kind of moron wants an employee to show up to work w a highly contagious illness? Regardless if it’s CoVid or it’s the common cold. Keep your arse at home. You are either trolling hard or dumb as a sack of rocks.

You do realize that there are still people out there who this stuff kills? They may not have the luxury of working from home and by jackwads like you showing up sick you put at risk other people.

Just be a decent human being one time or if you can’t do that just don’t post. It doesn’t affect you.

What the hell is wrong w you man? Seriously you come on here spouting scripture one day and then tit memes the next.

Who cares if he went to the ER. It’s his story and has zero effect on you. Yet your self righteous pretentious arse has to chime in.

And what kind of moron wants an employee to show up to work w a highly contagious illness? Regardless if it’s CoVid or it’s the common cold. Keep your arse at home. You are either trolling hard or dumb as a sack of rocks.

You do realize that there are still people out there who this stuff kills? They may not have the luxury of working from home and by jackwads like you showing up sick you put at risk other people.

Just be a decent human being one time or if you can’t do that just don’t post. It doesn’t affect you.
I haven’t heard of anyone testing positive for Covid in forever let alone going to the ER for it. Sounds like another full scale epidemic. You should probably go get another booster 🤷‍♂️.

I haven’t heard of anyone testing positive for Covid in forever let alone going to the ER for it. Sounds like another full scale epidemic. You should probably go get another booster 🤷‍♂️.
Just bc I want others to see what kind of erectile dis function kind of person you are I will share more than I should.

Yes I will get the updated booster as well as a flu shot and the new RSV vax. As will my wife and any family member who wants to spend time w us in doors. Not bc we make them but bc my wife is the most incredible and kind personality one would ever meet (I know I’m biased).

Here’s why they do it. She has an extremely rare genetic based illness and is on a home ventilator at night. Without she would not be w us. And I don’t know your story so I won’t compare/comment other than to say the simplest acts of life are nearly impossible for my wife yet she wakes up every morning and tackles every day w more grace and patience than I ever could. Plus she has to put up w me 24/7 which can’t be a complete joy.I could share more detail but for now that’s enough to get the gist.

Throughout CoVid her neurologist, primary care physician and respiratory therapist have all stressed the importance of keeping her disease free and taking early mitigation measures if she gets ill. They have researched the vaccines and boosters in light of her illness and have made the appropriate recommendations. We have followed that up w calls to private foundations across the US that we are in touch w that specialize in ground breaking research into her particular illness that would absolutely blow your mind.

To a doctor they all emphasized the importance of not only her but those she will be in close contact with to stay up to date on the latest booster. Everyone has in our circle including our nieces and nephews and their significant others and also some of our grown kids’ friends who love to be around my wife have all been vaccinated and boosted of their own chosing. Some even against the wishes of their families. All bc they love spending time w my wife bc she is the embodiment of unconditional love and support.

I’m not asking anyone to take action they don’t want to. But I don’t understand why people like you feel like you have to assert some form of alpha male dominance when you have zero perspective. It doesn’t change minds toward the vaccine just reinforces what a d!@k you can be.

Had a couple coworkers get back last week from some training. The instructor had covid and gave it to the majority of the class. One of my coworkers didn't have any symptoms, and the other was down with a 103 degree fever for 4 days.

I tested positive and my granddaughter did as well. It was an awful sore throat. Same old COVID tired

Just bc I want others to see what kind of erectile dis function kind of person you are I will share more than I should.

Yes I will get the updated booster as well as a flu shot and the new RSV vax. As will my wife and any family member who wants to spend time w us in doors. Not bc we make them but bc my wife is the most incredible and kind personality one would ever meet (I know I’m biased).

Here’s why they do it. She has an extremely rare genetic based illness and is on a home ventilator at night. Without she would not be w us. And I don’t know your story so I won’t compare/comment other than to say the simplest acts of life are nearly impossible for my wife yet she wakes up every morning and tackles every day w more grace and patience than I ever could. Plus she has to put up w me 24/7 which can’t be a complete joy.I could share more detail but for now that’s enough to get the gist.

Throughout CoVid her neurologist, primary care physician and respiratory therapist have all stressed the importance of keeping her disease free and taking early mitigation measures if she gets ill. They have researched the vaccines and boosters in light of her illness and have made the appropriate recommendations. We have followed that up w calls to private foundations across the US that we are in touch w that specialize in ground breaking research into her particular illness that would absolutely blow your mind.

To a doctor they all emphasized the importance of not only her but those she will be in close contact with to stay up to date on the latest booster. Everyone has in our circle including our nieces and nephews and their significant others and also some of our grown kids’ friends who love to be around my wife have all been vaccinated and boosted of their own chosing. Some even against the wishes of their families. All bc they love spending time w my wife bc she is the embodiment of unconditional love and support.

I’m not asking anyone to take action they don’t want to. But I don’t understand why people like you feel like you have to assert some form of alpha male dominance when you have zero perspective. It doesn’t change minds toward the vaccine just reinforces what a d!@k you can be.
You mentioned a home ventilator. Is it like a CPAP or is it different?

CPAP just blows. Ventilators blow and suck, BI PAP is similar to ventilator They breath for you
So a home ventilator is a BiPAP or is it different? I thought ventilators were installed in the trachea. Very invasive.

So a home ventilator is a BiPAP or is it different? I thought ventilators were installed in the trachea. Very invasive.
Different. Ventilators are heavy duty. Meant for 24/7 CPAP and BiPAP are just for sleeping . As far as I know. Before he passed, brother had 30 foot hose on his ventilator

Good question. I am in no way a respiratory therapist or affiliated w healthcare. Just know what our family situation is so take the following anecdotally and not advice.

CPAP usually the 1st step and most commonly associated w sleep apnea. About 2/3 the size of a shoebox and can be used w mask or nose tube.

Our bipap looked just like a cpap and was masked. This is where we started bc of the disease progression.

Ventilator still portable. Little bigger and mask.

Last edited:
Just to inject (pun intended) a bit of levity into the ol' life/death discussion: a number of years ago we were setting up hospice care for my dad in his home. He had been on low-level oxygen for quite some time and we located the concentrator centrally in his smallish home so he could move around semi-freely. When hospice came we set up a hospital bed in his living room. When the hospice worker wanted to move the concentrator closer to the living room, I objected due to the excessive noise. I said "let's just extend the hose."

Her: "you can't add extensions, it will restrict the flow of oxygen too much."

Me "I'll turn up the flow. If you want 5 liters of oxygen, I'll set it to 7, then adjust it based on his pulse-ox reading."

Her: "it doesn't work that way."

Me: "yes, it does."

Her: "no, it doesn't. I do this every day."

I'm boiling mad at this point, but containing myself because my wife and sister are there and it's a stressful situation anyway. So....

Me: "Well, damn. If only one of us had ever studied fluid dynamics we could probably figure this out. Oh, wait a minute, that was me! I studied fluid dynamics! Aced that bitch, too!"
(ok, passed it is more accurate, but I was pissed off)

My wife loves to tell this story. And when I start to pontificate on any subject my kids will say "bet you studied fluid dynamics too, didn't you."

I had severe body aches 2 weeks ago, to the point that wearing clothes, going to the bathroom, or lifting my head up was almost excruciating. Fever of 102 for 2 straight days and I barely ate for a week. Then I had 2-3 days of every single liquid evacuating my body as quickly as possible through whatever orifice it was closest to. In total I lost about 7 lbs (a lot for my 150lb frame) in 4 days.

I ended up going to Urgent care and the Dr. said he was almost positive I had Covid. Same symptoms as 10 other people he saw that day (all positive). I can't imagine how bad it would have been without the booster.

I had severe body aches 2 weeks ago, to the point that wearing clothes, going to the bathroom, or lifting my head up was almost excruciating. Fever of 102 for 2 straight days and I barely ate for a week. Then I had 2-3 days of every single liquid evacuating my body as quickly as possible through whatever orifice it was closest to. In total I lost about 7 lbs (a lot for my 150lb frame) in 4 days.

I ended up going to Urgent care and the Dr. said he was almost positive I had Covid. Same symptoms as 10 other people he saw that day (all positive). I can't imagine how bad it would have been without the booster.

All 3 of us in the household have had it a couple of times. We had the initial doses but no boosters. For my wife it was flu like symptoms both times for at least a full week, for the kid and I mild cold symptoms and a slight headache for a couple of days. We’ve got off lucky! Time is coming up for my Flu shot, if they offer up a booster I’m on the fence if I’ll take it or not. But complacency has bitten me in the ass on more than one occasion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back