Conference Realignment - What's next?

Funny thing when you say this. There was a pretty large contingent of SEC fans on social media complaining that they had invited the wrong Oklahoma team. They understood we were a better cultural fit. None of them seemed excited about Texas.

I live in Athens and hear far more complaints about the loss of traditional games than excitement over the new additions.

…and don’t get me started on Mizzou.

We need to get out of the Big 12 and into the SEC, even at half share for a few years if needed.

We had over 100k+ fans in town for homecoming against Cincy last year….didnt see 1 Cincy fan. We deserve better as an athletic program and a brand. We should be playing Texas, A&M, OU, Arkansas, and Mizzou every year.
We, like everyone else, would be there if they'd let us in, but it's all $$$$ at this point. There is going to be a major shift soon because it is simply untenable for UT to be getting the same $80M share as MSU and Vandy. Same in the BIG and Ohio State making the same as Rutgers. When that shift happens, we'll be in the top 32 at least. The historical alignments shouldn't dictate that Indiana gets to make twice the TV revenue as Oklahoma State or Kansas State. The perfect regional alignment would be UT, A&M, OU, OSU, Arky, LSU, KU, KSU, Mizzou, Nebraska, and maybe all or some combination of Iowa State, Tech, TCU, and/or Baylor (hate them but they have a good showing since climbing out of the cellar).

I think ESPN is wanting to own the Big 12 like they own the SEC and ACC. UConn is a Fox subsidy. I also think they are willing to combine the best of the ACC with the Big 12 and screw the rest of them at the end of the game.
Having only one broadcaster of college football would be idiotic.

Especially with that broadcaster being a failing and corrupt company like Disney.

Keep the leverage on them. They are not interested in our best interests.

Having only one broadcaster of college football would be idiotic.

Especially with that broadcaster being a failing and corrupt company like Disney.

Keep the leverage on them. They are not interested in our best interests.
For all of their faults, they understand that live sports is their most compelling product.

For all of their faults, they understand that live sports is their most compelling product.
His take is so out there it's not worth responding to. Fox has B1G tied up. Big East in Bball as well as numerous other leagues north of the mason Dixon line. ESPN has the south tied up. Big 12 is the only league feeding off both.

His take is so out there it's not worth responding to. Fox has B1G tied up. Big East in Bball as well as numerous other leagues north of the mason Dixon line. ESPN has the south tied up. Big 12 is the only league feeding off both.
And thank god Fox got serious & spent serious $$$ to build out their infrastructure to be a real player. You’ll never get the legacy broadcast networks to do what ESPN & Fox sports does.

As someone old enough to remember going to the cable place out on east 6th in Stillwater to pick up this thing called a‘cable box’ so that we could watch the Pokes in the CWS, ESPN’s arc is interesting to me. I’m the generation that grew up while ESPN was doing the same.
Sportcenter was a must every night. CNN had a pretty good nightly show too, but ESPN was must see.

The need to fill 24/7, 365 has led so much of broadcasting down the same road though-there’s only so much actual’news’ that occurs, so you hype everything to drive ratings. I don’t remember the dude’s name, but watching Sportcenter last night, you’d have thought USC just won a playoff game & was moving on to the natty. Really absolutely zero perspective or analysis, just hype & hyperbole.

I’m done yelling at clouds now.😁

And thank god Fox got serious & spent serious $$$ to build out their infrastructure to be a real player. You’ll never get the legacy broadcast networks to do what ESPN & Fox sports does.

As someone old enough to remember going to the cable place out on east 6th in Stillwater to pick up this thing called a‘cable box’ so that we could watch the Pokes in the CWS, ESPN’s arc is interesting to me. I’m the generation that grew up while ESPN was doing the same.
Sportcenter was a must every night. CNN had a pretty good nightly show too, but ESPN was must see.

The need to fill 24/7, 365 has led so much of broadcasting down the same road though-there’s only so much actual’news’ that occurs, so you hype everything to drive ratings. I don’t remember the dude’s name, but watching Sportcenter last night, you’d have thought USC just won a playoff game & was moving on to the natty. Really absolutely zero perspective or analysis, just hype & hyperbole.

I’m done yelling at clouds now.😁
Netflix is gonna be the next big Paycheck in live sports. Book Mark it. Hope we are the ones to capitalize.

I’ll say it again.

NORTH

Colorado
Colorado State
Kansas
Kansas State
Nebraska
Iowa
Iowa State
Missouri

SOUTH

Arkansas
Oklahoma State
Oklahoma
Texas
Texas AM
TCU
Texas Tech
Baylor

Don’t need to even play out of conference against FCS anymore.

DJ U is terrible, still.

But hey preseason #10!!!🤬

How they’re still #10 two weeks after losing to GT, only god knows.

LSU will lose 3 more games too, preseason #13, cuz SEC!

Preseason polls & bias matter, ffs. They completely create perception.
Just so long as one of those isn’t to a team coached by Venables

These guys have a LONG way to go before they’re ready to be this relevant.

No doubt.
Need to be swinging for the fences with ACC schools now, there’s blood in the water.
There’s your FCS team. Both divisions play their entire division. Rotate 4 from the other division. Play 1 matchup outside conference like a Sec/Big12 series.

It’s perfectly regional as well. It’s not the all star conference. It’s just an awesome conference.

There’s your FCS team. Both divisions play their entire division. Rotate 4 from the other division. Play 1 matchup outside conference like a Sec/Big12 series.

It’s perfectly regional as well. It’s not the all star conference. It’s just an awesome conference.
When you play more conference games than other conferences do, you simply guarantee more losses for your conference teams. It’s a fool’s errand to say ‘we’ll look at us, we play 9 conference games.’ The conferences playing 8 hasn’t mattered.

I don’t like it, but we should adopt the SEC model & play a nobody in early November, Keri/get guys healthy for the stretch run. How many years have we been totally beat up by thanksgiving?

When you play more conference games than other conferences do, you simply guarantee more losses for your conference teams. It’s a fool’s errand to say ‘we’ll look at us, we play 9 conference games.’ The conferences playing 8 hasn’t mattered.

I don’t like it, but we should adopt the SEC model & play a nobody in early November, Keri/get guys healthy for the stretch run. How many years have we been totally beat up by thanksgiving?
With the SEC playing early conference games, ESPN is guaranteed to have premium gams every week of the season.

Back