Conference Realignment - What's next?

I don't understand the UConn draw. Yeah, their BB but it seems adding them now would be premature. I just don't see the urgency with this.

I don't understand the UConn draw. Yeah, their BB but it seems adding them now would be premature. I just don't see the urgency with this.

I guess it’s due to really wanting to build the BB brand, as Yormark said was desired previously, but yeah I’m with you on not seeing the urgency.
Not to mention the travel costs to Storrs, CT.

I guess it’s due to really wanting to build the BB brand, as Yormark said was desired previously, but yeah I’m with you on not seeing the urgency.
Not to mention the travel costs to Storrs, CT.
I’m not crazy about it but you would the only major conf within driving distance of ESPN

Just a thought and totally making this up but what if

SEC FB $1B Bball $200M
Big 10 FB $750M Bball $150M
Big 12 FB $500M Bball $400M

Something like this trying to close the gap in sport # 2? Makes sense to me

Just a thought and totally making this up but what if

SEC FB $1B Bball $200M
Big 10 FB $750M Bball $150M
Big 12 FB $500M Bball $400M

Something like this trying to close the gap in sport # 2? Makes sense to me
Wonder how the conference network affects negotiating basketball as a separate contract? Doesn't all the tier 3 stuff go to the conference network.

UConn is interesting because they’ve had two HOF coaches, Calhoun and now Hurley. But if Hurley jets, can they sustain their success?

UConn is interesting because they’ve had two HOF coaches, Calhoun and now Hurley. But if Hurley jets, can they sustain their success?
He turned down Kentucky and the Lakers and is one of the highest paid BBHCs. I would be surprised if he leaves, especially if UConn joins the Big 12.

Three HOF coaches. Geno Auriemma. And with the growth of the women’s game in recent years that’s a huge program to add to the portfolio.

I have to believe that Yormack is looking at decoupling the TV contracts for football and basketball (and maybe rest of sports) and he thinks overall they can make more money by decoupling. Or Yormack believes that college football, or at least top 30 or 60 or so) will split off into their own, which will likely force decoupling of TV contacts.

I have to believe that Yormack is looking at decoupling the TV contracts for football and basketball (and maybe rest of sports) and he thinks overall they can make more money by decoupling. Or Yormack believes that college football, or at least top 30 or 60 or so) will split off into their own, which will likely force decoupling of TV contacts.
I think ESPN is wanting to own the Big 12 like they own the SEC and ACC. UConn is a Fox subsidy. I also think they are willing to combine the best of the ACC with the Big 12 and screw the rest of them at the end of the game.

We need to get out of the Big 12 and into the SEC, even at half share for a few years if needed.

We had over 100k+ fans in town for homecoming against Cincy last year….didnt see 1 Cincy fan. We deserve better as an athletic program and a brand. We should be playing Texas, A&M, OU, Arkansas, and Mizzou every year.

We need to get out of the Big 12 and into the SEC, even at half share for a few years if needed.

We had over 100k+ fans in town for homecoming against Cincy last year….didnt see 1 Cincy fan. We deserve better as an athletic program and a brand. We should be playing Texas, A&M, OU, Arkansas, and Mizzou every year.
I see that list and strangely the only two I don't have hard feelings for are A&M and Arkansas. Arkansas well we were never in the SWC so I don't care. I can understand A&M wanting to get away from Texas. The other three, don't want to see anyone hurt but a small meteor in the middle of their fields when no one was around. I have to admit I would giggle.

Funny thing when you say this. There was a pretty large contingent of SEC fans on social media complaining that they had invited the wrong Oklahoma team. They understood we were a better cultural fit. None of them seemed excited about Texas.

Back