Bowl Selection Thread

The playoffs are automatically gonna have tOSU, MI, Penn St, Bama, LSU, UGA, every year. Every yr they will be able to say the same old shit…Well Bama beat UGA but their only loss was to LSU who got beat by UGA ergo ipso facto these are the three best teams in history. The circle jerk will never end.

The playoffs are automatically gonna have tOSU, MI, Penn St, Bama, LSU, UGA, every year. Every yr they will be able to say the same old shit…Well Bama beat UGA but their only loss was to LSU who got beat by UGA ergo ipso facto these are the three best teams in history. The circle jerk will never end.
Don’t forget Washington, Oregon, usc, Texas, OU. Rename it to the Big 10/SEC challenge and be done with it.

This. Even my FIL who is a sec fan told me, “college football is better when Texas is good.”

It’s all about perceptive from blue bloods. No one else matters. Was this way with BCS when bama got in over us, even when we were much better on paper.

In the past I have thought there was unfairness in the selection process. I thought there was bias. Never did I think it was straight up rigged. That all changed today. I'm looking at 2011 very differently right now and even wondering about 2021 if we had made that last yard.

This is probably the beginning of a greater CFP upheaval and more lawsuits than we have seen in the last decade combined. Be prepared for even more government involvement. This is only the beginning guys.

Last edited:
Its only because the big 12 team in the conversation is texas. If we were undefeated, we would have been left out this year
I totally agree. They would have screwed us over to get Bama in. Then they would have come up with an excuse. This crap about the QB is only the crap they are spewing publicly. It had nothing to do with the real reason it happened.

When in the heck are they going to announce the other bowl matchups? It says bowl selection Sunday but I find nothing on the TV channel guide about it anytime today. When is it happening?

I have a conspiracy theory on this…

Reminds me a lot of 2011 but with an additional twist. I think ESPN played a huge role in this to get an SEC school in.

But I think they also wanted to send FSU a message to leave the ACC.

This all seems super shady. ESPN has too much influence over this.
It's not a conspiracy theory at all. That's the exact thing they're saying, pull the trigger FSU/Clemson or whoever else and dismantle the ACC. The b1g and $ec will have their picks of the scraps, then it'll be essentially 2 mega conferences for all 12 "playoff" spots.

I haven't read up on it cause it's a sham and waste of time, but is there an actual auto-bid clause for power conference Champs each year? Because if not, you bet your behind the big 12 won't get in or at absolute most just 1 team. The rest will be all b10 and $ec cause that's where the money is.

I've been making the argument to my aTm buddies for YEARS that this is the way things were trending, they were setting themselves up to just make the money move and have an excuse. Low and behold, it happened. And yet, still, my buddies refuse to accept that I was right and called it to a T. They're parroting that "4 best teams" BS like most of the country is. Beyond astounding that this is real right now and people just accept it.

Back