Big 12 Media Days

Actually I seem to remember one city hosting it & having winter storms they weren’t prepared for causing blackouts & traffic nightmares on Superbowl weekend. It was a bit of a cluster…

Dallas

Not Dallas, they oversold seats and had travel difficulties due to ice. New Orleans had a major electrical issue. Vegas was flawless.
And Glendale botched the turf preparation...oh, wait...that doesn't affect fans

...but did give OSU a backhanded blackeye

And Glendale botched the turf preparation...oh, wait...that doesn't affect fans

...but did give OSU a backhanded blackeye
The OSU bashing from that ordeal is one of the dumbest most biased things I've ever seen. OSU just created the strain. The university didn't install it, or maintain it, or have anything to do with how the Cardinals franchise handled the turf. They overseeded it, then overwatered it, and did so too close to the actual game, hence nightmare. Absolute nonsense to rope OSU into those story lines.

Actually I seem to remember one city hosting it & having winter storms they weren’t prepared for causing blackouts & traffic nightmares on Superbowl weekend. It was a bit of a cluster…

Dallas
In that event then mother nature makes fools of us all, and the city itself has no power over it.

But my point was that since most cities have years to prepare and plan for a Super Bowl, it usually is a very successful endeavor. So in that view saying that Vegas did fine hosting the Super Bowl is not quite a feather in their cap. But yes indeed they did do a fine job

Even Phoenix has done fine jobs hosting the Super Bowl. But no one would ever consider them a top sports city

Not Dallas, they oversold seats and had travel difficulties due to ice. New Orleans had a major electrical issue. Vegas was flawless.
Considering New Orleans has hosted the Super Bowl 10 times and this is the biggest gaff that you can think of, pretty good for them

It only goes to support the idea that cities who host the Super Bowl generally are more than capable of doing a good job of it, even if they are not top sports cities. That was the sentiment of my comment

In that event then mother nature makes fools of us all, and the city itself has no power over it.

But my point was that since most cities have years to prepare and plan for a Super Bowl, it usually is a very successful endeavor. So in that view saying that Vegas did fine hosting the Super Bowl is not quite a feather in their cap. But yes indeed they did do a fine job

Even Phoenix has done fine jobs hosting the Super Bowl. But no one would ever consider them a top sports city
Mother nature made a fool of them because they were unprepared for it across multiple avenues and their response was underwhelming. And as someone else added, that was not the only hiccup on their resume.

And yet, here you are...

Considering New Orleans has hosted the Super Bowl 10 times and this is the biggest gaff that you can think of, pretty good for them

It only goes to support the idea that cities who host the Super Bowl generally are more than capable of doing a good job of it, even if they are not top sports cities. That was the sentiment of my comment
anniversary celebrate GIF

Except for Dallas who screwed it up

My god, your‘point’ is entirely stupid.

I'd say it did it's job; we have an SECSEC fan here discussing it, so it drew some attention for the conference.

I'm a graduate of OSU. I'm a graduate of UGA. I have interest in both schools, but I am not an SECSEC as you portray it.

Back