Big 12 Media Days

They could have held it at the Hilton anatole or rosewood mansion. plenty of room. i dont think anyone considers vegas the sports capital of the world. or really even the sports capital of the US. there really isnt one but it certainly isnt vegas who only just recently had a major pro franchise in town (and no i dont consider the nhl nor unlv to be major)

Have you ever heard of gambling? Specifically in sports? Because gamblers, and there’s a lot of them, may disagree that Vegas isn’t the sports capital of the world.

They could have held it at the Hilton anatole or rosewood mansion. plenty of room. i dont think anyone considers vegas the sports capital of the world. or really even the sports capital of the US. there really isnt one but it certainly isnt vegas who only just recently had a major pro franchise in town (and no i dont consider the nhl nor unlv to be major)
ferris youre still here GIF

Huh….weird.

If you had the choice of Dallas or Vegas I suppose you would choose Dallas?

I dont think dallas is a better city overall, vegas is a world class city. dallas is a better sports city though, and texas in general is probbaly the best sports state.

I suppose it depends on the centerpoint of my conference. I know there are 4 western teams that joined recently moving that west a bit but vegas is still further west than every program. I think yormark is a good commissioner and always keeping an eye out for some way to stand out, so for that reason i can see the change. Considering the location of all the teams, i think it would be smart to move media days around every year to a few different venues. especially if he wants to get the conference brand more exposure to recruits, the west part of the country isnt known as a breadbasket of top talent though. Personally having local sports media in a market like dallas covering the media days seems more beneficial from a recruiting and branding stand point. dfw market will be more familiar with the big 12 teams.

But hey, maybe big 12 is doing what sec is doing. sec moved their media days to dallas instead of atlanta because two teams that recruit and get lots of media coverage in the dfw market joined up. so maybe the vegas media days is just an overture to the 4 new western teams. Or they just didnt want to deal with competing with the complete clusterf7ck that is the sec media frenzy. poor wvu and ucf though.

Have you ever heard of gambling? Specifically in sports? Because gamblers, and there’s a lot of them, may disagree that Vegas isn’t the sports capital of the world.
I see that perspective, and it's a valid one. it's the sports gambling capital of the world i would say. I think LA is more of a sports city, and even they are blase about it. until like what, 2 years ago the biggest sport in town is nhl. the college athletics programs arent anything to brag about. nevada doesnt often produce top talent. they rarely host big time sporting events. but they do have a nice lsu usc game coming up. and the A's might move, so they might have a future in being a real sports city

vegas seems a bit of an odd place to have a big 12 media days. especially since it's in the desert, and the day's high is 117 degrees, and that there are no nevada teams, and it's west of every school in the whole conference. but it does humor me that west virginia, iowa state and ucf had to travel so far for it. dallas was a better option and more centrally located for everyone.

Because it was Yormark's final display that he now owns PAC territory

1720630758878.png

I see that perspective, and it's a valid one. it's the sports gambling capital of the world i would say. I think LA is more of a sports city, and even they are blase about it. until like what, 2 years ago the biggest sport in town is nhl. the college athletics programs arent anything to brag about. nevada doesnt often produce top talent. they rarely host big time sporting events. but they do have a nice lsu usc game coming up. and the A's might move, so they might have a future in being a real sports city
I realize the Super Bowl or NFR is not on the same level as anything SEC or goon and whorn, but I’m pretty sure Vegas might be able to muddle through their hosting duties

vegas seems a bit of an odd place to have a big 12 media days. especially since it's in the desert, and the day's high is 117 degrees, and that there are no nevada teams, and it's west of every school in the whole conference. but it does humor me that west virginia, iowa state and ucf had to travel so far for it. dallas was a better option and more centrally located for everyone.
No one would ever choose Dallas over Vegas. Dallas sucks

Back