Big 12 Media Days

vegas seems a bit of an odd place to have a big 12 media days. especially since it's in the desert, and the day's high is 117 degrees, and that there are no nevada teams, and it's west of every school in the whole conference. but it does humor me that west virginia, iowa state and ucf had to travel so far for it. dallas was a better option and more centrally located for everyone.

vegas seems a bit of an odd place to have a big 12 media days. especially since it's in the desert, and the day's high is 117 degrees, and that there are no nevada teams, and it's west of every school in the whole conference. but it does humor me that west virginia, iowa state and ucf had to travel so far for it. dallas was a better option and more centrally located for everyone.
Why are you concerned?

Why are you concerned?
Also:
"This year's media days are in Las Vegas because of renovations at AT&T Stadium, the home of the Dallas Cowboys, where the event is usually held. But Yormark said he considers Las Vegas to be a key market for the league as "the entertainment and sports capital of the world.""

The Gundy interview on Sirius was really good. He said the budget the last 2 years has been 2.2 million per year. Some schools are spending 20.

Also said some good stuff about Ollie.

Also:
"This year's media days are in Las Vegas because of renovations at AT&T Stadium, the home of the Dallas Cowboys, where the event is usually held. But Yormark said he considers Las Vegas to be a key market for the league as "the entertainment and sports capital of the world.""

They could have held it at the Hilton anatole or rosewood mansion. plenty of room. i dont think anyone considers vegas the sports capital of the world. or really even the sports capital of the US. there really isnt one but it certainly isnt vegas who only just recently had a major pro franchise in town (and no i dont consider the nhl nor unlv to be major)

Back