American Healthcare continues to go backward

A lifesaving drug used to stop postpartum hemorrhaging will be pulled off emergency response carts once it becomes a ‘controlled dangerous substance.’ Louisiana
All prescription medications are "dangerous substances". The only thing that has changed in Louisiana is the "controlled" status. Misoprostol was a "dangerous substance" before it became a "controlled dangerous substance" in Louisiana. From the Oklahoma Pharmacy Practice Act:

10. "Dangerous drug", "legend drug", "prescription drug" or "Rx Only" means a drug:
a. for human use subject to 21 U.S.C. 353(b)(1), or​
b. is labeled "Prescription Only", or labeled with the following statement: "Caution: Federal law restricts this drug except for use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian".​

All prescription medications are "dangerous substances". The only thing that has changed in Louisiana is the "controlled" status. Misoprostol was a "dangerous substance" before it became a "controlled dangerous substance" in Louisiana. From the Oklahoma Pharmacy Practice Act:

10. "Dangerous drug", "legend drug", "prescription drug" or "Rx Only" means a drug:
a. for human use subject to 21 U.S.C. 353(b)(1), or​
b. is labeled "Prescription Only", or labeled with the following statement: "Caution: Federal law restricts this drug except for use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian".​
It was done for political means. It does not meet the criteria of the controlled substances act below. As stated in the article, storage of the medication has to change, making it less accessible in emergency situations. This listing causes harm, not benefit.

In making any finding under subsection (a) of this section or under subsection (b) of section 812 of this title, the Attorney General shall consider the following factors with respect to each drug or other substance proposed to be controlled or removed from the schedules:

(1) Its actual or relative potential for abuse.

(2) Scientific evidence of its pharmacological effect, if known.

(3) The state of current scientific knowledge regarding the drug or other substance.

(4) Its history and current pattern of abuse.

(5) The scope, duration, and significance of abuse.

(6) What, if any, risk there is to the public health.

(7) Its psychic or physiological dependence liability.

(8) Whether the substance is an immediate precursor of a substance already controlled under this subchapter.

It was done for political means. It does not meet the criteria of the controlled substances act below. As stated in the article, storage of the medication has to change, making it less accessible in emergency situations. This listing causes harm, not benefit.

In making any finding under subsection (a) of this section or under subsection (b) of section 812 of this title, the Attorney General shall consider the following factors with respect to each drug or other substance proposed to be controlled or removed from the schedules:

(1) Its actual or relative potential for abuse.

(2) Scientific evidence of its pharmacological effect, if known.

(3) The state of current scientific knowledge regarding the drug or other substance.

(4) Its history and current pattern of abuse.

(5) The scope, duration, and significance of abuse.

(6) What, if any, risk there is to the public health.

(7) Its psychic or physiological dependence liability.

(8) Whether the substance is an immediate precursor of a substance already controlled under this subchapter.

I wasn't making a political statement, merely a statement of fact. A second statement of fact: It doesn't in any way, shape, or form fit the definition of a controlled substance. Misoprostol does not produce dependence and has no potential for abuse.

I wasn't making a political statement, merely a statement of fact. A second statement of fact: It doesn't in any way, shape, or form fit the definition of a controlled substance. Misoprostol does not produce dependence and has no potential for abuse.
I read an article earlier today about how the Republican fundraing for state and local offices was WAY behind the Dem counterpart. This crap is probably why. They keep doing things that help no one and cause many people harm... all just to push against abortion or other made up cultural fights.

I read an article earlier today about how the Republican fundraing for state and local offices was WAY behind the Dem counterpart. This crap is probably why. They keep doing things that help no one and cause many people harm... all just to push against abortion or other made up cultural fights.
Republicans have been getting their asses kicked down ballot since 2018 on for two reasons: Trump and abortion. Trump has been a drag down ballot. The "red wave" that was supposed to happen in the last election, didn't, and people who he specifically supported lost. He has a rabid base, but is deeply unpopular with the rest of the country, and Republicans can't seem to hear the message. And until Republicans find a coherent and sane position on abortion they are going to continue to lose at the ballot box because of that issue too. It hasn't turned out in state elections anything like what they thought it would. And things like this, making misoprostol a controlled substance, is just stupid.

My daughter had a miscarriage. She took misoprostol after the miscarriage. With it being a controlled substance in Michigan it would mean that they would have had to check the state database to see if she were on any other controlled substances before prescribing it for her. This despite the fact that it has zero abuse potential, zero potential to produce dependence, and zero street value. It's flat stupid.

Republicans have been getting their asses kicked down ballot since 2018 on for two reasons: Trump and abortion. Trump has been a drag down ballot. The "red wave" that was supposed to happen in the last election, didn't, and people who he specifically supported lost. He has a rabid base, but is deeply unpopular with the rest of the country, and Republicans can't seem to hear the message. And until Republicans find a coherent and sane position on abortion they are going to continue to lose at the ballot box because of that issue too. It hasn't turned out in state elections anything like what they thought it would. And things like this, making misoprostol a controlled substance, is just stupid.

My daughter had a miscarriage. She took misoprostol after the miscarriage. With it being a controlled substance in Michigan it would mean that they would have had to check the state database to see if she were on any other controlled substances before prescribing it for her. This despite the fact that it has zero abuse potential, zero potential to produce dependence, and zero street value. It's flat stupid.
Well, put. Sorry about your daughter.

I hope Trump and also Walters works as a drag down the ballots in Oklahoma. The woman who is running for state senator for the Stillwater area comes from education and says the no. 1 issue in the state to her is education. One of the biggest complaints she hears from campaigning door to door is over the extremism of Walters. She came to my door last summer, and I told her the same.

To her Republican opponent, a doctor, it's health care. But the main impression I got from hearing him talk on health care reform is that malpractice insurance is too high and there are too many medical regulations. He gave $1000 to Ryan Walters, which was disgusting to know. I wouldn't trust him to help impeach Walters.

Speaking of abortion, the most pro-life person there ever will be in the world is the woman joyfully pregnant. Republicans should focus on how to cut down on maternal and infant mortality rates, which are shamefully high in the western world.

If Republicans can ever find the next Reagan, it might help them. Too bad how Trump said he learned a lot from Nixon, rather than from Reagan.

Back