2024 Presidential Election

Mike McDonnell, the Nebraska state senator who Republicans hoped would help ease Donald Trump’s path to the White House by agreeing to change how the state allocates its Electoral College votes, said on Monday that he would not do so.

TikTok says it has removed accounts belonging to Russian state media outlets RT and Sputnik for engaging in what TikTok called “covert influence operations.”

A Republican congressman representing a swath of New York’s Long Island has come under fire following a report that he put both his mistress and fiancée’s daughter on his payroll—in potential violation of House ethics rules.

How is everyone feeling about your candidates' chances at this point?
I'm still voting for Oliver as a protest vote, but still time left to change my mind and vote for Harris. I'll admit I like it that, so far, Trump signs are hard to see in Stillwater in relation to Harris signs. But I doubt that means much as an indicator for Stillwater and especially Payne County. Back 4 years ago I saw lots of Means signs for state rep, but Ranson easily won reelection. Thank goodness Means' wife lost at school board this year. Her husband admits to being a Nationalist Christian. Long gone are the good old days of Oklahoma Republicans as well as at the national level, and I tended to vote for them.

Last edited:
I'm still voting for Oliver as a protest vote, but still time left to change my mind and vote for Harris. I'll admit I like it that, so far, Trump signs are hard to see in Stillwater in relation to Harris signs. But I doubt that means much as an indicator for Stillwater and especially Payne County. Back 4 years ago I saw lots of Means signs for state rep, but Ranson easily won reelection. Thank goodness Means' wife lost at school board this year. Her husband admits to being a Nationalist Christian. Long gone are the good old days of Oklahoma Republicans as well as at the national level, and I tended to vote for them.

My observation (at least in the dealings of people I deal I associate with) is that people are not really talking about the election and certainly not championing a candidate in general. If you keep your eyes off a screen its almost as if there is no election in six weeks. Its weird.

My observation (at least in the dealings of people I deal I associate with) is that people are not really talking about the election and certainly not championing a candidate in general. If you keep your eyes off a screen its almost as if there is no election in six weeks. Its weird.
I think once you get away from the anonymity (or relative anonymity) of the online world most people are uncomfortable talking about it. We have a candidate that sees the other side as a real enemy and is always talking about arresting, deporting, murders etc. The other candidate slid into the position due to strange circumstances and is still trying to define herself.

For people who are not already on the extremes, this isn't an election that most are going to pick a side then get super excited about it and tell everyone.

Last edited:
I think once you get away from the anonymity (or relative anonymity) of the online world most people are uncomfortable talking about it. We have a candidate that sees the other side as a real enemy and is always talking about arresting, deporting, murders etc. The other candidate slid into the position due to strange circumstances and is still trying to define herself.

For people who are not already on the extremes, this isn't an election that most are going to pick a side then get super excited about it and tell everyone.
I'm sure it's because I'm in a pretty liberal area, but most of the people that I know are actually excited to vote for Harris. Myself included. She's essentially exactly what people have been clamoring for from the Dem party for a long time.

I'm sure it's because I'm in a pretty liberal area, but most of the people that I know are actually excited to vote for Harris. Myself included. She's essentially exactly what people have been clamoring for from the Dem party for a long time.
I'm 40. Friends all about my age, all online a lot and left leaning. All pretty happy with the Kamala/Walz ticket. I think if she loses it's much less an indictment of her than it is the state of our country.

I live in super deep red Oklahoma

Old retired police officer in my cul-de-sac put up a Harris/Walz sign last Thursday.

4 of the 7 houses in my cul-de-sac now have a Harris Walz sign up

It will be 5 as soon as mine is delivered. Only second time In My 50 years I will put out a yard sign for a POTUS election

I live in super deep red Oklahoma

Old retired police officer in my cul-de-sac put up a Harris/Walz sign last Thursday.

4 of the 7 houses in my cul-de-sac now have a Harris Walz sign up

It will be 5 as soon as mine is delivered. Only second time In My 50 years I will put out a yard sign for a POTUS election
I feel like if we rely on what we observe in the real world this is Harris' race to lose. If we rely on polls, it's a coin flip with her winning 55 out of 100 times.

I feel like if we rely on what we observe in the real world this is Harris' race to lose. If we rely on polls, it's a coin flip with her winning 55 out of 100 times.

I'd think the same thing. I live in a red part of a blue state and based on signs in yards, if I were a die hard republican I'd be really concerned about down ballot races at this point. But you look at polling-especially in swing states and you see why Trump was pushing hard for Nebraska to stop allocating electoral votes by district.

I'm not an abandon the electoral college person but when you see how a couple hundred thousand people in key areas are going to decide a race that impacts everyone you gotta ask if we can find a better way to conduct a national election.

I'd think the same thing. I live in a red part of a blue state and based on signs in yards, if I were a die hard republican I'd be really concerned about down ballot races at this point. But you look at polling-especially in swing states and you see why Trump was pushing hard for Nebraska to stop allocating electoral votes by district.

I'm not an abandon the electoral college person but when you see how a couple hundred thousand people in key areas are going to decide a race that impacts everyone you gotta ask if we can find a better way to conduct a national election.
Going away from the EC would definitely make Republicans abandon their "let's make our base as crazy as possible and rely on their borderline insanity to turn out the vote" strategy.

Going away from the EC would definitely make Republicans abandon their "let's make our base as crazy as possible and rely on their borderline insanity to turn out the vote" strategy.
I'm fine with EC, if votes for each state were proportional to the popular vote if that state. Say you have 10 votes in the EC, if candidate A gets 60% of the vote then they get 6 EC votes from that state. No congressional district segments because those get gerrymandered. Allows 3rd party a chance at some EC votes and incentivizes all states getting higher turnout and voting even if your candidate won't win the state.

I'm in a very red part of a very blue state and live across the street from a MAGA diehard. Their neighbor just put up a pair of Harris yardsigns and started flying a Harris flag under their American flag. Made me happy to see.

REPORTER: The NYT reported one of your members, D'Esposito, was putting a woman with whom he was having an affair on the congressional payroll. Was that wrong of him to do that?

MIKE JOHNSON: I don't know the details. I've been very busy. He says it's a partisan hit piece. That wouldn't surprise anyone.

Trump is already claiming the Dems have already cheated

REPORTER: Mr Speaker, do you commit to observing regular order in the certification process of the 2024 election, even if Harris beats Trump?

MIKE JOHNSON: Well of course -- if we have a free, fair, and safe election we're gonna follow the Constitution, absolutely

Johnny McEntee, who Trump and Project 2025 put in charge of recruiting young conservatives into government, has been soliciting 18 year old college students for sex, offering to fly them out to LA.

Back