2024 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, I don't hear the monthly wailing and gnashing of teeth from the press and others in Stillwater. Only the simpleton jock-sniffing uo media in Snoreman/OKC/Tulsa.

I for one could care less if we never play them again in any sport. They made the decision to leave, live with the consequences.
Losing a rivalry game is never a good thing, especially since that's what makes college football so great, and separates it from the nfl. I dont like it personally, even though OU's primary rival is texas. I'd still like a secondary rival because, well, it's the best aspect of CFB. But in the sec, everyone is good, there's no easy games, so i'm thinking there will be another hated rival on their doorstep. Might end up being missouri.

Who will become osu's rival? Other than tulsa I mean. Do you think there will be a heated rivalry between osu and aother b12 program? possibly utah?

What is funny is the Sooners never play Texas in Norman. The poor Norman stores never benefit from the Texas millionaires who would come to town.
I dont think anyone fees pity for norman businesses due to not being able to host texas every other year. i mean yeah it would be cool for many reasons, primarily because the big 12 matchups got stale. hard for a whole team, fanbase, and city or even local media to get excited about a home slate consisting of programs like iowa state and baylor and texas tech, wvu etc. Always nice when osu comes to down but other than that, pretty meh. This year we got bama, tennessee and south carolina.. next year we got lsu, mississippi, auburn and missouri. A lot more to look forward to and they all travel really well.

I think this comes out well for both programs. Osu avoids a historical 90% chance at a L. They have a real legit opportunity to be the leaders of a good conference moving forward. Some new good teams bring in excitement to the conference and to the fans. some compelling matchups.

OU still gets to host more marquee games at home, with national relevance, while making about twice as much money as they did when they were in the big 12. In this aspect this turned into a win win for both programs.

I dont think anyone fees pity for norman businesses due to not being able to host texas every other year. i mean yeah it would be cool for many reasons, primarily because the big 12 matchups got stale. hard for a whole team, fanbase, and city or even local media to get excited about a home slate consisting of programs like iowa state and baylor and texas tech, wvu etc. Always nice when osu comes to down but other than that, pretty meh. This year we got bama, tennessee and south carolina.. next year we got lsu, mississippi, auburn and missouri. A lot more to look forward to and they all travel really well.
This type of elitist BS is why it’s going to be extra fun to watch ou fans discover that THEY are the ISU/baylor/wvu of the SEC. How many are left on the bandwagon after 3 years of going .500?

This type of elitist BS is why it’s going to be extra fun to watch ou fans discover that THEY are the ISU/baylor/wvu of the SEC. How many are left on the bandwagon after 3 years of going .500?
I dunno. probably none would be left if that happened. Especially since the roster is more talented than most of the sec programs, it would be very embarrassing for sure.

But are you saying it's elitist to be bored by playing programs like isu/baylor/wvu? Aren't you bored with it already? I think stale home matchups is one reason why the big 12 expanded. Now we got utah and colorado which will shake things up a bit making some of the games more intriging for football fans. Honestly the only home game I ever look forward to was when osu came to town, other than that, it was very meh for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back