Who Should OSU Hire as Next Basketball Head Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Steve is hired, OSU would be his third HC'ing job since the 2021-2022 season. It appears the 2021-2022 season was Steve's first tenure as a HC. Basically, he has three years of experience as a HC. What is up with hiring a HC who had nome and very minimal experience as a HC?

This will be another disaster, but I'll support the basketball program. If Steve is hired, I truly hope he's able to resuscitate a dead basketball program. I just... man, we need a (regardless of division previously coached) HC who's a proven program builder. Instead, our possible new HC once again has minimal HC experience.

Hopefully I'm wrong... but this will prove to be another disaster. Nobody wanted the job, so I guess he's the best we could get. What a bummer

Are you optimistic about anything?

As I sift through this thread I see all these replies to "You are ignoring content by his member" and I realize that some pathetic attention whore is having multiple orgasms.
Nerd Sniffing GIF

What's with people reacting negatively reacting to my posts? Jesus. My 6-year old twin daughters and their friends are vastly more mature than some people on this forum. When they hear something they don't agree with, they don't throw a hissy fit.

I'll say it again. This hire will prove to be a disaster. You may want not to admit it, because we all want this to work out. Boynton had no experience, and it was a disaster. At least he was a good recruiter, even when be was with Underwood at Stephen F. Austin. The new HC has three freaking years of HC'ing experience. There is no way in hell to even guess how good of a HC he is, because continuity doesn't exist to analyze his coaching ability.

Unless the new coach hires great recruiters, the OSU basketball program will be completely irrelevant for countless years ahead. And it's a bummer. It's impossible to know how good of a recruiter Steve is... not enough HC'ing experience.

I truly hope Steve has what it takes to be the light the OSU basketball needs as it sits in the dark abyss. I think it's going to be a disaster. Sorry, but with this hire, Chad is 2.0 software version of Mike Holder.
You didn’t just throw a “hissy” fit over the coach that our AD found to replace a nice guy that was a great recruiter but can’t coach his way out of a paper bag? Roll on brother, roll on

What's with people reacting negatively reacting to my posts? Jesus. My 6-year old twin daughters and their friends are vastly more mature than some people on this forum. When they hear something they don't agree with, they don't throw a hissy fit.

I'll say it again. This hire will prove to be a disaster. You may want not to admit it, because we all want this to work out. Boynton had no experience, and it was a disaster. At least he was a good recruiter, even when be was with Underwood at Stephen F. Austin. The new HC has three freaking years of HC'ing experience. There is no way in hell to even guess how good of a HC he is, because continuity doesn't exist to analyze his coaching ability.

Unless the new coach hires great recruiters, the OSU basketball program will be completely irrelevant for countless years ahead. And it's a bummer. It's impossible to know how good of a recruiter Steve is... not enough HC'ing experience.

I truly hope Steve has what it takes to be the light the OSU basketball needs as it sits in the dark abyss. I think it's going to be a disaster. Sorry, but with this hire, Chad is 2.0 software version of Mike Holder.
IMG_7428.gif

If Lutz is the guy, I will be interested to see the assistant coaches. I would guess he would at least bring Tim MacAllister with him from WKU. Lutz worked with him at Creighton for three years. MacAllister was also at Tech during their Final Four run.

As far as recruiting, I am not really that concerned given his Texas ties and of course, use of the portal. I will just be satisfied with someone that actually knows how to coach and maximizes potential of each player to the benefit of the team. Hopefully that will equate to wins and pump some life back into the program.

So I'm going to start off by saying I know Bill Self 99%+ is not coming home, but I was thinking about how it could be made to work. Obviously we VERY MUCH can't afford his salary right now. So maybe we offer him a percentage of ticket sales until the program is back on solid ground. Work out the math such that he might be able to earn slightly more than his current contract if he sells GIA out.

Probably a dumb idea, but it was something that came to mind. I've got no idea if the numbers would work for that at all.

If you had asked me a year ago, I'd give better odds at Bill Self being next oSu MBB coach than Messi coming to MLS ...just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back