Who Should OSU Hire as Next Basketball Head Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooooo any press conferences scheduled, leaks, anything?

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Coaches are paid to win. Hard to believe those running things have such a problem in structuring a contract that covers this simple expectation.
It isn't in any coaches, at any schools, contract.

Hard to believe that people don't understand why that could be a bad thing and why coaches wouldn't sign that.

Really hard to understand why people would be posting online for a coach to be fired for cause, for losing games, and not know that isn't a reason to be fired for cause.

In the real world many are fired for airing internal grievances in public like Boynton did. He got more than he deserved on his way out.

Coaches are paid to win. Hard to believe those running things have such a problem in structuring a contract that covers this simple expectation.
Are you messing with us? Name one instance where a coach was fired "for cause" for not winning enough? No coach would ever consider us if we tried that crap. If that were the case no buyouts would ever be paid anywhere. Don't you think aggy would have liked to have that argument instead of paying jumbo $890 billion to go away for not winning enough?

Are you messing with us? Name one instance where a coach was fired "for cause" for not winning enough? No coach would ever consider us if we tried that crap. If that were the case no buyouts would ever be paid anywhere. Don't you think aggy would have liked to have that argument instead of paying jumbo $890 billion to go away for not winning enough?

Guess not with you.

Last edited:
He's been talking like this for a while and I thought it was just joking around, but Reagan Harris seems pretty convinced that Self is actually a possibility. Take it for whatever it is worth. IF (big if) this is true, it would definitely explain why things have been taking so long.

Self is hard for me to comprehend but I'd love it. At the very least I hope the call was made. The fact that nothing, I mean nothing, is coming out of the AD's camp, office, school channels, etc, nothing from former or current WKU players on twitter which would have been everywhere had he told them he was leaving, tells me everything is still purely conjecture and scientific wild a$$ guesses. Could you imagine being in Chad's shoes if any of the stuff you've seen published was real and he saw the immediate outcry? Talk about being cut off at the knees.

That said, there is one other name that would be on my "home run" list and I can very easily understand why nothing is being said or announced yet. If we really have the money to even get Self's attention, we have plenty for this guy. But who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back