PGAT Golf

Lakecowboy

Fore!
Patreon Supporter
Today starts the biggest outdoor party in golf!

GIF by Giffffr

Viktor goes off at 3:40 CST. Only his second Phoenix Open and it will be interesting to see how he adapts to the environment seeing as he missed the cut the first time in 2020.

USA Today has a fun article about him today.

Leader is already -3 through 8. Setting up to be a -20 or more type of weekend.

Swag Golf’s headcover release for this is a lottery. $555 for a headcover, hard pass. Normally they are $125-$333. Golf is getting crazy $. My driver for this season was bonkers

Viktor posting one of the better rounds today at -3 before the turn. Sitting -4 overall two shots behind Rahm and Day. A big group has not teed it up yet though

Both are in for the weekend, Rickie making a long par save on his last hole to finish -5, Viktor drops a long birdie that hung on the lip before falling in to finish -2. Scheffler, leads with a -10.

I meant to post an update but with Viktor falling back so far I sort of lost a lot of interest. Rickie needs to get back and a strong finish would go a long way to that effect. He was too good and too young to be relegated to a journeyman.

I meant to post an update but with Viktor falling back so far I sort of lost a lot of interest. Rickie needs to get back and a strong finish would go a long way to that effect. He was too good and too young to be relegated to a journeyman.
2020 and 2021 were awful for him with the swing and equipment search issues. He started working with Butch Harmon again finally at the end of 2022 and started having success again. I think Butch is great for Rickie and he’ll improve significantly. Harmon thinks getting back w/ him when he bottomed out will help them build him back better and his best golf is ahead of him. It’ll be interesting to watch.

Rickie holding pace and then some. Through 6 and -3 on the day, has moved up to 4th, three behind the leader.

Viktor and Tway even on the day, 13 back

These two equipment changes have seemed to be huge as well. The Odyssey mallet change, going back to C-Tapers and going back to a cavity back iron have helped in addition to Harmon.

F4559C43-1B3F-4092-93C4-24E76B552BE7.jpeg
953AD021-FFBC-4580-B495-B30BEFA9E60C.jpeg
656AE1CE-AA9B-44D4-AC40-37E507F16E6F.jpeg

That’s a lot of lead tape

Seems we have been here before, but Viktor is in second, two shots off the lead at the PGA Championship.

He has been beat up with some of his fashion choices recently including yesterday (one of his main sponsors is J. Lindeberg which is pretty edgy stuff), but today he is totally rocking the colors.
hovland_pgachamp_round2~2.jpg

Heads to the clubhouse tied for the lead at -5. A few still on the course including BD. Vik missed no less than four birdie putts that he would have normally dropped. His approach shots were stellar today

Back