Last conference road series of the season at Tx Tech

Sportsfan89

Ranger
Two weekends left of the regular season for our Cowgirls. This weekend in Lubbock and next week at home in Bedlam matchup.

Tonight’s ballgame vs Texas Tech has been postponed. Be playing a doubleheader tomorrow starting at noon.

Yesterday, I was asked what has happened to the Cowgirls hitting over this 5 game skid? Why did they go in such a slump? Myself, I never seen a team that went into a funk like this. Player here and there but as a whole no. We are putting the ball in play but not finding the holes in the defense. In this losing skid…we only struck out 16 times(6 in Game 3 vs Texas). With no midweek game to prepare for TxT….I believe Coach Gajewski and Coach Cloer will get the ladies back to hitting like they were earlier in the season.

For the most part we're still getting plenty of people on base, just not getting key hits to score runs. And, agree, there's been plenty of hard hit balls but right at people. But also way too many little nubbers back to the pitcher. And pitchers are giving up too many walks. Despite all that, the glaring weakness with this team is the ability to score a run ... or two or three ... with a single swing and make the opposing pitcher pay for a mistake. That isn't getting fixed this season. There is still the ability to get to WCWS if they play to their potential.

For the most part we're still getting plenty of people on base, just not getting key hits to score runs. And, agree, there's been plenty of hard hit balls but right at people. But also way too many little nubbers back to the pitcher. And pitchers are giving up too many walks. Despite all that, the glaring weakness with this team is the ability to score a run ... or two or three ... with a single swing and make the opposing pitcher pay for a mistake. That isn't getting fixed this season. There is still the ability to get to WCWS if they play to their potential.
When I read @Sportsfan89 post my first thought was exactly what you said. Runners LOB.... I read earlier this week somewhere how many we've left on the bases during the slump and it was mind blowing. Coaches can drive themselves insane trying to adjust the order to maximize run production. In our case order hasn't seemed to be the problem. Coach G does a great job with this. As the old saying goes... "just need a bloop and a blast". For us the bloops haven't been consistent enough and the blasts are non-existent when really needed.

• 3 of the 5 losses were extra inning games
  • 3 of the 5 were 1 run losses
  • 1 two-run loss
  • 1 three-run loss
What a really weird stretch it has been but I feel good about this weekend. Only wish it was at home.

When I read @Sportsfan89 post my first thought was exactly what you said. Runners LOB.... I read earlier this week somewhere how many we've left on the bases during the slump and it was mind blowing. Coaches can drive themselves insane trying to adjust the order to maximize run production. In our case order hasn't seemed to be the problem. Coach G does a great job with this. As the old saying goes... "just need a bloop and a blast". For us the bloops haven't been consistent enough and the blasts are non-existent when really needed.

• 3 of the 5 losses were extra inning games
  • 3 of the 5 were 1 run losses
  • 1 two-run loss
  • 1 three-run loss
What a really weird stretch it has been but I feel good about this weekend. Only wish it was at home.
Two of the losses we have a no hitter going into the seventh

For the season, Cowgirls has left 299 runners on base.

Here is the list for each L’s that we LOB:

Maryland 8
FSU 8
Wichita St 5
Iowa St 8
Wichita St 11
Texas 8
Texas 7
Texas 7

Total of 62

T1

Becker correction illegal pitch so the ground out is taken away…flied to CF at the wall
Carwile grounded to 2B
Naomi K swinging

already know these announcers are going to get on my nerves

Last edited:
T2

Wynne double to right center wall
Factor K swinging
Wark single to center, runners on the corners
Timm(first start as a Cowgirl) Popped to SS by left field line
Tuck grounded out didn’t see where

Last edited:
Back