Cowgirl Basketball Recruiting: The Hoyt Era

OSU is still in the running for 5’9” juco star Waiata Jennings. She said she will announce a decision soon.

After OSU lost to Texas, Coach Hoyt said they just have to recruit taller players to compete. So I had hoped that would happen.

If Jennings commits, OSU should have one of the shortest rosters in the conference.

I guess the plan will be to try to outrun the other teams. There will be so much size in the Big 12 next season…

Not sure if sarcasm. But OSU needs a few players 6'4+ to stay competitive. Every big 12 team is going to have players that height. If Hoyt plans on a fast pace offense, she's still gotta figure out the defensive end.
That is very true.

OSU currently has Praise Egharevba at 6’3” (battling injuries and foul trouble) and Stacie Jones at 6’1”.

I haven’t had time to run through all the Big 12 rosters for next season, but I have checked out a lot of them.

Since OSU’s current tallest player is 6’3”, I’m only listing players 6’3” or taller. Teams are also still adding transfers.

Arizona should have the following players next season:

Breya Cunningham - 6’4”
Isis Beh - 6’3”

Arizona State should have the following players next season:

Kennedy Basham - 6’7”
Mallory Miller - 6’4”
Heavenly Greer - 6’3”
Nevaeh Parkinson - 6’3”
Kadidia Toure - 6’3”
Maggie Besselink - 6’3”

Cincinnati should have the following players next season:

Delaney Snyder - 6’5”
Destiny Thomas - 6’4”

Kansas State should have the following players next season:

Ayoka Lee - 6’6”
Imani Lester - 6’4”
Gisela Sanchez - 6’3”
Eliza Maupin - 6’3”
Kennedy Taylor - 6’3”

TCU should have the following players next season:

Sedona Prince - 6’7”
DaiJa Turner - 6’3”

Texas Tech should have the following players next season:

Achol Magot - 6’7”
Maya Peat - 6’6”
Jazmaine Lewis - 6’4”
Jordyn Merritt - 6’3”

UCF should have the following players next season:

Hannah Gusters - 6’5”
Adeang Ring - 6’5”
Arek Angui - 6’4”
Khyala Ngodu - 6’3”

Utah should have the following player next season:

Néné Sow - 6’8”

West Virginia should have the following players next season:

Danelle Arigbabu - 6’4”
Kylee Blacksten - 6’3”
Célia Rivière - 6’3”
Jordan Thomas - 6’3”

We have to hope Coach Hoyt can bring in some size.

It makes no sense to go into next season with such a size disadvantage.

Then, all season, we will have to hope that Praise can stay healthy and out of foul trouble.

Because we absolutely cannot have Heard and Langerman trying to guard players who are 8 to 10 inches taller next season. Why even put them in that position, if it can be avoided?

Heard’s family did not seem thrilled that she was forced into the post to start last season, before Egharevba was healthy and Gusters was eligible.

Last edited:
Back