2024 Season

First pitch a month and 3 days away against Sam Houston, can’t wait! Anyone have thoughts on this year’s team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Should be an interesting year. It all depends on our pitching, if Rob doesn’t work like he did back in 2016 I worry it will be another disappointing season.

Lineup seems to be in good shape with lots of returning production. Interested to see how the middle infield shakes out.

Lots of questions with the pitching staff. Does anyone know if Ure is fully back or will he be brought along slowly?

Lineup seems to be in good shape with lots of returning production. Interested to see how the middle infield shakes out.

Lots of questions with the pitching staff. Does anyone know if Ure is fully back or will he be brought along slowly?
From what I understand they are going to slowly work him back in hopes of getting him up to speed by conference.

If there's a sport where preseason rankings really don't matter, it's college baseball. There's a lot to be excited about this year--with so many good bats and experienced players in the field. As said above, have to find some pitching. But, there are some prospects. I'm getting excited as I always do this time of year!

Ure is throwing bullpens, I’ve heard everything from 2 more weeks until he can see live bats, to the plan is for a mid season return. We will see, but I’d assume we will be extra cautious.

Middle infield will be Forsythe at SS, Meola at second, but we have quality young depth with AO, Addison, and Proctor.

The thing to remember is early in the season, we will have guys on pitch counts anyway so we need a lot of innings from guys that might not seeing time down the road once everything settles. I have high hopes that we can find a nucleus on the staff that works by now earlier conference play.

Ure is throwing bullpens, I’ve heard everything from 2 more weeks until he can see live bats, to the plan is for a mid season return. We will see, but I’d assume we will be extra cautious.

Middle infield will be Forsythe at SS, Meola at second, but we have quality young depth with AO, Addison, and Proctor.

The thing to remember is early in the season, we will have guys on pitch counts anyway so we need a lot of innings from guys that might not seeing time down the road once everything settles. I have high hopes that we can find a nucleus on the staff that works by now earlier conference play.
Who is going to fill out the infield? I assume Wulfert will get the nod at third since he played half or more of last season there pretty well. Will we see Brueggeman and/or Sylvester rotating who is at 1st and DH?

Outfield will be Schubart, Erhard, then Benge (pending pitching duties), Crull, and maybe rotating in some of the new guys?

Who is going to fill out the infield? I assume Wulfert will get the nod at third since he played half or more of last season there pretty well. Will we see Brueggeman and/or Sylvester rotating who is at 1st and DH?

Outfield will be Schubart, Erhard, then Benge (pending pitching duties), Crull, and maybe rotating in some of the new guys?

Someone on X posted a starting lineup earlier this week that they said they heard Holliday share on RA’s radio show. I can’t find it though. Maybe someone on here saw it and can post it?

Someone on X posted a starting lineup earlier this week that they said they heard Holliday share on RA’s radio show. I can’t find it though. Maybe someone on here saw it and can post it?

I tried to search myself but OSU Baseball apparently sometime between end of last season and now blocked me for reasons I have zero idea...

I was blocked several years ago by OSU football and I have no idea why l
Huh, glad I'm not alone then. Was wondering if I did something to cause it but I never post or reply anything anywhere on Twitter, just follow OSU sports and economic market accounts. Apparently it just randomly happens.

Back