2023-2024 Portal Thread

Oh Yeah GIF by Jesse Ling

I think Bowman coming back is mostly good. With all of the returnees, we should be able to avoid those ugly early season games.

I'm worried about Flores now. I wouldn't be surprised to see both he and Rangel in the portal. If we could ever blow anyone out, maybe we could get him some action. I thought we might see him some against A&M until we let them back in the game.

I think Bowman coming back is mostly good. With all of the returnees, we should be able to avoid those ugly early season games.

I'm worried about Flores now. I wouldn't be surprised to see both he and Rangel in the portal now. If we could ever blow anyone out, maybe we could get him some action. I thought we might see him some against A&M until we let them back in the game.
Disagree on Flores. Rangel maybe, but if he knows anything about Mike Gundy he knows he’s locked in as the starter for 2025 if he sticks around. Flores can bide his time, since he redshirted this last season.

Disagree on Flores. Rangel maybe, but if he knows anything about Mike Gundy he knows he’s locked in as the starter for 2025 if he sticks around. Flores can bide his time, since he redshirted this last season.
For one, the portal is closed until April. That said, I'm still not concerned come April. All I've heard is how much Rangel loves OSU and he was given a fair shot this year and he knows he'll get a fair shot in 25. Flores hasn't played a snap, I'm not sure how many suitors he'd have without any tape. Plus, he also knows he'll get a fair shot in 25.

I'm worried about Flores now. I wouldn't be surprised to see both he and Rangel in the portal. If we could ever blow anyone out, maybe we could get him some action. I thought we might see him some against A&M until we let them back in the game.
Flores hitting the portal is not likely at all. Now Rangel I would think hits the portal.

In the new economy of college football, one best go with the bird in the hand over a potential bird in the bush.

The situation may be fluid...but at the end of the day...He is much more of a sure thing for a Big XII contender than the young QBs on the roster. imo

AB, Ollie, Presley, Owens, Stribling, and 5 OL starters all returning on the offensive side of the ball. :love:

Last edited:
Flores hitting the portal is not likely at all. Now Rangel I would think hits the portal.
I know I said “maybe” on Rangel, but I don’t see him going either. As I said, Gundy loves starting the most senior QB to pay him back for sticking with the program.

But also I think he’ll stay because at least the only film on him isn’t the best. Granted, that film is from an awful situation he got thrown into. Still though..

I think Rangel wants to earn the position. He can’t do that outside of the program.

Very good get and I think his commitment is going to be valuable for us in the passing and blocking schemes. Guy is tall and strong. He will be a weapon for us.

His height will cause problems. Imagine having to defend a 6’7 TE that catches the ball with Presley, owens, stribling and Ollie.

Pick your poison
He will really maximize the 3 to 4 targets he will get next year.

Back