Rustoleum stadium

Oddly enough, the first game I ever saw at Lewis Field was an NFL exhibition game. I think it was Cleveland vs Houston. Maybe’75, 76?

HS.. the night of the crickets. I'll never forget this when I was kid. I can still hear our family friend, Marta, screaming as the crickets got in her mouth and clothes. It was insane. I had my lips sealed shut and tried my best to keep the damn things from going down my shirt and batting them away till we all got back to our cars.

Anyway.. All the pics I provided above are aerial shots. This, with the damn crickets, show what the concourse was like.

View attachment 6891
I remember this. I was in the band at the time. It was so bizarre, they were EVERYWHERE. And I learned how bad cricket guts smell.

HS.. the night of the crickets. I'll never forget this when I was kid. I can still hear our family friend, Marta, screaming as the crickets got in her mouth and clothes. It was insane. I had my lips sealed shut and tried my best to keep the damn things from going down my shirt and batting them away till we all got back to our cars.

Anyway.. All the pics I provided above are aerial shots. This, with the damn crickets, show what the concourse was like.

View attachment 6891

I remember the crickets being like snow drifts, there were so many.

I was there in my junior year, we left, it felt like the next plague.

Glad we won, but I was absolutely grossed out. Glad it hasn't happened since.

Back