Post season expectations

I get what you are saying about “kids today” and what they want to do vs what they are coached to do. My question is don’t all the coaches deal with this, and if this is true doesn’t that level the playing field? Ultimately isn’t it the coaches jobs to get their kids to buy into their philosophy and execute that philosophy? When I think of this I often think of Coach Sutton or Kelvin Sampson. They have both been committed to coaching defense first in their careers when that hasn’t always been the preferred style and have been very successful doing it.

Some coaches are much better at it than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After today, I will add...
I don't usually advocate for firing coaches unless they are doing something unethical. What HCJH did in the ninth, leaving in Brueggeman and PH for Ortiz, I'm done. That was blatant arrogance to not utilize quality and obvious caoching decisions. Brueggeman should have been benched in April....well, everyone knows what he has done in the post season.

I bleed orange. And I have no more =#@&$ to give. Sorry, Josh...its time.

After today, I will add...
I don't usually advocate for firing coaches unless they are doing something unethical. What HCJH did in the ninth, leaving in Brueggeman and PH for Ortiz, I'm done. That was blatant arrogance to not utilize quality and obvious caoching decisions. Brueggeman should have been benched in April....well, everyone knows what he has done in the post season.

I bleed orange. And I have no more =#@&$ to give. Sorry, Josh...its time.
Not to mention let’s say we did tie it up. Who is playing second?

ADCW has to have an extremely hard discussion at the very least. You don’t get a stadium like we have, get support from fans and then get to continually puke all over yourself when it counts and keep your job. I’m not sure the guy is capable of more. The hard part is Walton’s pitchers did their job, we should be able to score.

ADCW has to have an extremely hard discussion at the very least. You don’t get a stadium like we have, get support from fans and then get to continually puke all over yourself when it counts and keep your job. I’m not sure the guy is capable of more. The hard part is Walton’s pitchers did their job, we should be able to score.
I think that’s the biggest problem. Josh is a good coach but has zero pressure on him. Since he’s one of us he’s gotten a lot more leeway than someone from the outside.

It was different back then too, all you had to do was win a 6 team regional, there weren't super regionals.

And there were two years he had the best team, just run into some bad luck, especially 1990.
And what, 2 or 3 other years when we won the winner's bracket but the terrible format made us play a loser before the championship game and we lost al 3? I absolutely hated that format! The 3 losers should've had to eliminate each other and there should have been a bye for the team who hadn't lost.

The change in format in '90 was egregious too. Absolutely mow through the bracket, then face a loser in a one game scenario for all the marbles? Totally stupid.

Back