OSU Defense, is it better than we think?

We are among the worst at giving up yards, but as we learned in 2011, giving up yards doesn't mean a whole lot. We are about average, maybe slightly above average, when it comes to giving up points. That's not terrible. We've also played a vastly more difficult schedule than a lot of other schools, so that will play into it as well.

We knew what SDSU would want to do, and we did a pretty good job of stopping it. We had no idea what Arkansas would do or what their new team would look like, and it showed. I think we knew what Tulsa wanted to do and we shut it down. We know what Utah will want to do because it's been their identify for years under Whittingham. The talent level is pretty equal, so I guess we'll see how well we can scheme a way to stop them.

We are among the worst at giving up yards, but as we learned in 2011, giving up yards doesn't mean a whole lot. We are about average, maybe slightly above average, when it comes to giving up points. That's not terrible. We've also played a vastly more difficult schedule than a lot of other schools, so that will play into it as well.

We knew what SDSU would want to do, and we did a pretty good job of stopping it. We had no idea what Arkansas would do or what their new team would look like, and it showed. I think we knew what Tulsa wanted to do and we shut it down. We know what Utah will want to do because it's been their identify for years under Whittingham. The talent level is pretty equal, so I guess we'll see how well we can scheme a way to stop them.
I believe we are up 4 in the turnover department in that we have 6 takeaways and only two giveaways!!! 🤔

I wouldn't currently call our defense good, but they aren't horrible. My biggest complaint is what feels like a delay in making adjustments. Halftime may not always be good enough to pull out the W. I will admit, Nardo does seem to get things straightened out, or at least better, during the game. I just wish we either didn't need major adjustments, or that we get them implemented a lot quicker.

Back