NCAA Bans QR Code for Pokes

It’s the NCAA and don’t think the SEC and B1G weren’t throwing a fit about it.
Still think it’s a good idea of yours.

We put a QR platform here to each player.

Advertise Rideemcowboys on the jumbo and local tv.

Fans can take it from there and I’ll collect royalty checks from new members!

If this was Alabama or Ohio State that came up with this, it would have been hailed as a stroke of genius and totally brilliant but since it is Gundy and Oklahoma State, Hell no, send them to prison for even thinking about this!!! 🥴
Go Pokes!!

Someone bitched about it, instead of just copying it.

NCAA used a loophole about sanctity of uniforms to justify it.

If this was Alabama or Ohio State that came up with this, it would have been hailed as a stroke of genius and totally brilliant but since it is Gundy and Oklahoma State, Hell no, send them to prison for even thinking about this!!! 🥴
Or Coach Prime, media would fawn all over it.

Meanwhile the 78 Nike logos on our uniforms are not advertising at all...
You know, I’d kinda get it if we’re talking a Love’s logo or a car dealership. But this is literally going to the players. It’s like saying it’s okay to mail solicitations for the NIL fund, but using social media to do it is a bridge too far.

I'm really glad the teams don't have corporate logos on their uniforms, and the coach doesn't have a corporate logo on his headset, and the stadiums aren't chock full of advertisers, and there aren't huge TV contracts turning 60 minutes of game clock into 4 hour snore fests (mostly in SEC and B10), and they haven't hired corporate sponsors for every bowl game, and there isn't an Allstate logo on field goal nets, and they don't do a Dr. Pepper halftime promo in the CFP games, and Capital One and ATT and Cheez-it and Gatorade and Taco bell and Ram Trucks and Modelo and VRBo and Goodyear and a handful of other companies don't sponsor the CPF specifically, and Coca Cola and Geico and Turbo Tax and Wendy's and Buick are corporate sponsorship partners of the NCAA specifically, because THEN it wouldn't feel like college athletics. I'm glad they are able to separate amateur sports and corporate business, because it would be awful for Oklahoma State to have QR codes for players to get paid while the other OSU has a $20million NIL roster.

Back