Kansas Personal Foul Call?

ST2

So I missed what happened, I guess. I'll admit, I'd had a few by then, but what happened there? The announcers, who I was not overly impressed with, just kind of blew by the Devin Neal call? Just wondering...

I think the refs got the number wrong, it was on #11, you could see in the replay at the top of the screen he knocks our DB down from behind after the play was over

This. I didn't see the ku guy, but I did see our guy go flying forward after getting hit in the back, just wasn't sure if it was before/after the whistle.

Also, I heard during our radio postgame the ku coach was bitching about the non-called offside against Collin Oliver on his Q4 sack. I'm surprised he didn't give equal time to the 3 times Oliver was grossly held on ku's final two possessions.

This. I didn't see the ku guy, but I did see our guy go flying forward after getting hit in the back, just wasn't sure if it was before/after the whistle.

Also, I heard during our radio postgame the ku coach was bitching about the non-called offside against Collin Oliver on his Q4 sack. I'm surprised he didn't give equal time to the 3 times Oliver was grossly held on ku's final two possessions.
You mean like the clothesline he got coming straight up the middle 3yds from the QB and the ref looking right at it?

Spot on. They could have called holding on every possession KU had. Most were so blatant also. I get that refs have to let some of those go because you could probably call it on every play but man they were getting away with some bad ones all game long.

Yes. And KU fans are posting a pic of Oliver's jump all over the internet and he probably was just offsides as the ball was snapped. But, funny they aren't posting this pic of Presley being flagrantly grabbed which stopped a potential touchdown on a slant route because he beat that guy and was going to be free in space. Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 10.00.17 AM.png

Yes. And KU fans are posting a pic of Oliver's jump all over the internet and he probably was just offsides as the ball was snapped. But, funny they aren't posting this pic of Presley being flagrantly grabbed which stopped a potential touchdown on a slant route because he beat that guy and was going to be free in space. View attachment 1735
Yes this was very obvious

Time to have an honest conversation about Officials and Age, or perhaps adding another official. Friday and Saturday were the first weekend I've had this season to consume games all day and night and flip around to various ones. I think the game has gotten too fast for the Officials and officiating model.

Pass interference-not a clue what this is or isn't anymore. Apparently all you've got to do as a DB is 'get your head around'-even at the last possible second, and you can administer a full rectal exam if you want. Don't know how many times I heard an announcer say 'well, he gets his head around...' When did this become the standard? Just get your head around and anything goes? Lost count of how many of those I saw.

Targeting-don't even get me started.

Yes. And KU fans are posting a pic of Oliver's jump all over the internet and he probably was just offsides as the ball was snapped. But, funny they aren't posting this pic of Presley being flagrantly grabbed which stopped a potential touchdown on a slant route because he beat that guy and was going to be free in space. View attachment 1735

I’ve officiated high school ball. I watched the play over and over and over. He starts a yard off the ball and is on the LOS when the ball is snapped. It is close, but too close to call because it isn’t obviously offside. A split second earlier and you throw the flag. IOW, he timed it perfectly. If the Kansas QB had varied his cadence just a little they would have caught him. An experienced defender, an inexperienced quarterback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on. They could have called holding on every possession KU had. Most were so blatant also. I get that refs have to let some of those go because you could probably call it on every play but man they were getting away with some bad ones all game long.
That is what happens when they don't call it. They set a precedent and it just keeps happening. You have to call the penalties early and keep anything from getting to egregious. They very much did not do that.

Back