Gundy ISU Postgame

ict_pokes

Just a total clownshow...

Everything is fine. We improved. Things looked great. Have to watch film. Yada yada. What a joke...

It’s really a sad state. You can tell his give 💩 at this point is really low. He’s not accountable to anybody. He’s built his legacy, his best days are passed and he’s just content collecting his millions indefinitely.

Boy do we miss Boone. Not just financially but for accountability.

Somebody needs to call Holder and get a couple of quotes from him about the job he thinks Gundy is doing right now.

I just don't feel like listening to him right now...so does any reporter ask him how he feels about the playcalling? or about the gameplans? or if he feels he is losing the 'Cowboy Culture'?...I'm sure his response on these would be, "I'd have to look at the tape..."

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just don't feel like listening to him right now...so does any reporter ask him how he feels about the playcalling? or about the gameplans? or if he feels he is losing the 'Cowboy Culture'?...I'm sure his response on these would be, "I'd have to look at the tape..."
We've seen how Gundy treats reporters who ask the tough questions. The OU media thinks it's fun to patronize us and load us up with backhanded compliments. So you'll never hear anything useful at Gundy press conference.

He said “looked like we ran the ball better”.
Uh, no. Finally gave Ollie the ball and he made something happen and broke off 1 really good run. Take that away we were a putrid 23 for 60 yrds or 2.6 per carry.

Why say take the long run away? To try to prove a point? It happened. You can’t take it away. You are short changing Ollie and the oline when you say this, all to make a point.

Say the oline is inconsistent, agreed. But don’t try to take away what they did to try to prove a point. That is weak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Disagree, when you make a statement like “looked like we ran the ball better”, you are referring to the game as a whole. That makes it sound like you were ripping off 5 yards a carry. That was far from the case for anyone watching. We aren’t the fools Gundy thinks we are. If you want to say we ran the ball better for one play, that would be true. Collectively as a whole, not better at all. 23 carries netted 60 yards for 2.6 per, that is pathetic.

Not taking anything away from Ollie. He hit the outside corner blazing, made a guy miss, and he was off. Wish he had about 10 more opportunities to run outside the tackles like that.

Disagree, when you make a statement like “looked like we ran the ball better”, you are referring to the game as a whole. That makes it sound like you were ripping off 5 yards a carry. That was far from the case for anyone watching. We aren’t the fools Gundy thinks we are. If you want to say we ran the ball better for one play, that would be true. Collectively as a whole, not better at all. 23 carries netted 60 yards for 2.6 per, that is pathetic.

Not taking anything away from Ollie. He hit the outside corner blazing, made a guy miss, and he was off. Wish he had about 10 more opportunities to run outside the tackles like that.

But it was a better game running the ball. You have to include that play because it happened. It was the longest play so far this year for the offense. You can’t have it both ways. Recognize the good and the bad. Don’t try to take away the good to prove your point about the bad.

The run game has been awful this year, I’m not trying to defend it, but you gotta be fair and recognize when the good does happen. Be fair and reasonable.

But it was a better game running the ball. You have to include that play because it happened. It was the longest play so far this year for the offense. You can’t have it both ways. Recognize the good and the bad. Don’t try to take away the good to prove your point about the bad.

The run game has been awful this year, I’m not trying to defend it, but you gotta be fair and recognize when the good does happen. Be fair and reasonable.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree. I think the one play was an anomaly, and it’s fools gold to think that points to improvement. Whatever makes you feel better about things though.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree. I think the one play was an anomaly, and it’s fools gold to think that points to improvement. Whatever makes you feel better about things though.
Huh, that and the 60 yard TD pass play to Nixon are “chunk” plays that every coach wants to have!! Most Coaches want to have as many of those as they can get because it usually leads to POINTS!!! 🥴

Huh, that and the 60 yard TD pass play to Nixon are “chunk” plays that every coach wants to have!! Most Coaches want to have as many of those as they can get because it usually leads to POINTS!!! 🥴
Who said you shouldn’t like chunk plays? I’m not sure what your point is.

I never said anything about the run game Saturday made me feel better. But I can recognize when a play is a good one and don’t have to remove that play to say the run game isn’t good. In fact I said it has been inconsistent. I don’t understand the need for people (not just you, a lot of people do it) to take away the good plays to try to prove their point that the overall play is bad. It makes your assessment appear unfair.

Back