GOP Rep George Santos Arrested, charged with 13 crimes by DoJ

As anyone else
So, no one else's bail sources get scrutinized?
Or his dad could "sell" some of his "paintings" for astronomical prices to anonymous buyers and use that money to fund the bail if need be. Just spitballing here
🤷‍♂️
Which is being scrutinized. As it should be.

Why does this dude apparently not get bail the same as everyone else?
"Neither relative secured the bond with cash or property, according to a court order that was among the documents unsealed Thursday. But Santos’ father and aunt “agreed to be personally responsible” for the congressman’s compliance with the terms of his release, the order noted."

Sounds like he got a better deal on bail than average Joe Schmoe.

Average Joe has to secure a security bond provided by payment of at least 10% of the bond amount AND secure the balance with collateral of some type.

Sounds like he basically got an own recognizance bond because Daddy and Aunt said they would make sure he's there.

He should be able to post bail without the payers being scrutinized. That’s not equal treatment.
Actually him getting to post bond without the payers being public would be the unequal treatment.

Who the surety bond provider is, the amount of bond, who paid for and/or secured the bond and how, is a public record.

Santos asked that it be sealed. It's normally not. Santos asked for special treatment. He didn't get it. He appealed. It remained sealed pending appeal. He lost his appeal. He got treated just like everyone else at that point.

I’m saying if my dad bailed me out, the media wouldn’t dox him and encourage people to harass him to the point that he decided to leave me in jail. Cash payments or not. Just because of a political party one of us is registered under.

I’m saying if my dad bailed me out, the media wouldn’t dox him and encourage people to harass him to the point that he decided to leave me in jail. Cash payments or not. Just because of a political party one of us is registered under.
He is accused of lying to congress about his funds and stealing covid funds. Questioning where his bail money came from seems like good journalism.

He is accused of lying to congress about his funds and stealing covid funds. Questioning where his bail money came from seems like good journalism.
Then question everyone. People murder people and it’s not questioned.

Try to explain it away all anyone wants. It seems like picking sides doing that.

Then question everyone. People murder people and it’s not questioned.

Try to explain it away all anyone wants. It seems like picking sides doing that.
It’s not questioned….BECAUSE IT’S ALREADY PUBLIC.

The media wouldn’t have to dox him because it’d all be in the public record already…from the get go.

Back