Doug G to Green Bay???

I'm sure it's a pretty hefty paycut, but if coaching is his passion, you gotta start somewhere. Surely he's saved enough of that media money to get by while coaching at the lower levels.

Doug Gottlieb hired as Green Bay men's basketball coach: Radio host steps onto court to lead Phoenix​

As part of the terms of his employment, Gottlieb will continue to host his nationally syndicated daily radio show for Fox Sports Radio, a source told CBS Sports. It's an unprecedented arrangement: Gottlieb will be a Division I coach and a member of the media simultaneously.

Isaiah Miranda has committed to Doug Gottlieb and Green Bay. Shrewd move by Gottlieb using the connection from that consulting experience to land a talented player to a school that Miranda otherwise would not have been likely to consider. Will be interesting to see if Miranda becomes a productive player or continues to bounce around from school to school.

Isaiah Miranda has committed to Doug Gottlieb and Green Bay. Shrewd move by Gottlieb using the connection from that consulting experience to land a talented player to a school that Miranda otherwise would not have been likely to consider. Will be interesting to see if Miranda becomes a productive player or continues to bounce around from school to school.

I was intrigued by Miranda early on, was really surprised he didn't play more. As the season went on I was convinced he couldn't have played worse than what we were seeing.

It's a very Sutton-esque pick-up by DG. Miranda is really out of chances and options at this point. He didn't play at NC State over rumors of immaturity. Boynton referred to him as one of the weirdest personalities he'd ever been around. He hasn't been able to stay healthy. If DG can get him to be productive it benefits them both.

When did Boynton say that?

Can’t find the interview now, but it was around the start of last year. He said how Quion Williams was a loud, unique, different type of personality. Then he said Miranda was even “weirder” than Q, and the most unique person he’d ever coached. It was one of the quotes that made multiple publications, so if anyone does some digging I’m sure they can find it.

Back