2024 Presidential Election

What's really funny is that if the Republicans ran someone that was actually a fiscal conservative, they'd have mine. It's such a weird time right now in American politics. Both parties are in states of flux and it feels like they aren't quite done settling on what they'll be for the next 20 years.
Ben Sasse please.

What's really funny is that if the Republicans ran someone that was actually a fiscal conservative, they'd have mine. It's such a weird time right now in American politics. Both parties are in states of flux and it feels like they aren't quite done settling on what they'll be for the next 20 years.
If only someone would invent a nuke that would only destroy party lines.

Confused What Happened GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

Joe is out.

I'm calling it now.

Harris / Newsome will be the dnc ticket. It's a throw away election vs Trump.

Harris will get to skim off a few million from the campaign in exchange for being the sacrificial lamb - And Newsome sets himself up for 2028.

Joe is out.

I'm calling it now.

Harris will get to skim off a few million from the campaign in exchange for being the sacrificial lamb - And Newsome sets himself up for 2028.
I agree it’s a throwaway election at this point. I just don’t think anyone with any future political aspirations wants anywhere near this ticket.

Trump says a lot of things.

Without anything related to policy you have two things going on here. You have voters who were concerned about a 2nd Biden term because of his age and mental condition, and you have voters who won't vote for a woman or person of color. One group could have voted either way and the other group wasn't going to vote for Biden if he cured cancer.

It's a long way to the election and like I said in another post history doesn't bode well for a party that doesn't have a secure nominee heading into their convention. But we are in an election cycle where the attempted assassination of a candidate kinda got washed through the news cycle in under a week so really anything can happen.

Joe is out.

I'm calling it now.

It won’t be Newsome if Harris is the nominee because they are from the same state

It won’t be Newsome if Harris is the nominee because they are from the same state

Early speculation I saw included Mark Kelly and Tim Walz. That makes sense as both are pretty moderate.

Personally I'd prefer a contested primary because that would be something that might make a boring convention worth watching but it's probably in the Dems best interest to quickly throw their support behind someone.

Early speculation I saw included Mark Kelly and Tim Walz. That makes sense as both are pretty moderate.

Personally I'd prefer a contested primary because that would be something that might make a boring convention worth watching but it's probably in the Dems best interest to quickly throw their support behind someone.
I would bet on Mark Kelly as the VP pick as well. He also allows the ticket to show support behind more border security since on that issue he was never aligned with Biden. And AZ is a swing state.

I would bet on Mark Kelly as the VP pick as well. He also allows the ticket to show support behind more border security since on that issue he was never aligned with Biden. And AZ is a swing state.

That makes alot of sense. The downside is you put a senate seat up for grabs when you are trying to hang onto a slim majority. But if their primary goal is to defeat Trump it's a risk you want to take.

I want Mark Kelly.

Back