2024 Fall Ball schedule

Good write-up.
Although I though Kurtz redshirted last year and would still be a freshman.

Softball redshirt rules are far different than football from what I've been told. They're still like football used to be when you would "burn" your redshirt by simply entering a game. The only possible outcome after that is if the player is injured before the season is 50% complete and then you would request medical hardship. I don't recall Katy being injured last season after her early appearances. I think the sophomore listing on the roster is correct.

Cowgirls won 17-0 in 10 innings of action. Cowgirl pitching allowed no hits. Don't know any other details

Edit: I know Rosie had two doubles, and it's her birthday

Last edited:
Just got home from Stillwater.

Enjoy watching these ladies play ball. Want to give a shout-out to the fans that showed up.it was great to see that many peopl come to watch an exhibition game. If you follow me on twitter(X) @OSUfan19890 I snapped some photos just what the stadium looked like. It was great. That being said, here what I took from the game.

Coach Bergy- some of the drills that he has installed is freaking phenomenal. When he hit around to get the team ready is a little different and a lot more complicated. Or to me it’s complicated. For instance, fielders be throwing around and as soon as the first catcher catches the ball and apply an imaginary tag at home…the other catcher jumps up to make a throw to second to try to throw out the imaginary runner trying to steal second. How these ladies do not collide with one another is beyond me. I just like his drills. And…..don’t know if it’s a temporary thing or for now on…he was in the 3rd base coaches box while we were batting. Kenny was in the 1st base coaches box.

Pitchers- we pitched 6 of our 7 pitchers tonight. Maylen, Crandall, Aycock and Kutz pitched 2 innings each. Ogg and incoming Fr Hoffman 1 each. Sailor Davis is still trying to get back from last season surgery. The pitchers overall looked pretty good. Maylen rise ball was looked really good. She had little trouble hitting the corner on the right side of the plate vs left handed hitters. Either she was barely missing or the ump was not giving it to her. She ended up giving up 1 BB with 2 K’s. She also started the 1-4-3 double play to end the 1st.

Crandall my goodness she throws hard. She ended up with 3 K in two innings and worked both sides of the plate. It maybe me but I think at times she trying to overpower the hitters that she left couple over the plate that would be crushed against teams that WCWS potential. Good thing with both Crandall and Maylen is that Carrie Eberle has time to correct some of the minor mistakes as with all the pitchers.

Kyra Aycock looked healthy and throwing hard. The word I got was last yr from numerous people is that she was hurt all yr. Done what she could but wasn’t close to her Fr season in my book. Last night she looked good. Got a little wild at times but overall positive signs going forward. She ended up with 2 K.

Katie Kutz done great last night. She ended up with 4 K and a 1-3 GO with a BB. Her pitches looked faster than what I remember from last season and the movement was something else that fooled the hitters. I need to go find last yr when she pitch. Her technique looked a little different.

Madison Hoffman Fr did a nice job in her first college game(exhibition of course). She has some movement but not overpowering. She be a really good change of pace pitcher that will throw the timing off the hitters. Drop ball looked good. She had 1 K but the batter got on by pass ball.

Kathryn Ogg our lone Sr pitcher isn’t gonna over power the hitters….she hits her spots like last night, the Hoffman, she do that and the defense will back her up. She did a good job. She also had 1 K.

13 K 2 BB in all.

USAO had a total of 5 batters reached on base. As I already mentioned the 2 BB and pass ball….we committed 2 errors. First one was in the 3rd when Hoffman was pitching. Runner on 1st due to the K pass ball with one out. Grounder to Rosie Davis. She field it clean and made a perfect throw to Bloodworth that she dropped for a potential double play. The second error occurred in the 7th inning when Aycock was in. Rosie Davis mishandle a grounder. That runner eventually called out later for leaving the base too early for the 3rd out. Glad this is scrimmages but also don’t like seeing them.

We also had an incident in the 3rd inning….Fr Tara Vandewater was in to play 3rd with Bloodworth at SS. The ball was hit approx 5 feet behind 3B but few feet in foul territory……Vandewater was position to make the catch. Bloodworth was running over to make the play. This play happens right after Meagan error. Both girls were calling for it but neither caught it when they collided. Just want to let y’all know what happen on the play.

It maybe me…it looks like that our LF and RF is playing little more to the foul line when Delgadillo is playing CF. It’s worth noting going forward.

Hitting:

Speaking of Delgadillo…her first at bat, she hit a harder than usual running slap to 2B and still got on with ease. The wheels on her are real. Unfortunately she was called out for stepping out of the box when hitting the ball. She hit another later in the game even harder and was barely thrown out. I’m excited to see what she does when regular season start. She went 1 for 4 single to left.

Tallen Edwards almost went to jail for accidental homicide by flying object. After their RF dropped a foul fly to give Tallen another chance at bat…..she laser one right back at the pitcher. The pitcher looked like she didn’t have time to react. She didn’t even have her glove open when the ball ricochet off of it and into rf. Time was called after the play and I think the pitcher peed herself. Glad it wasn’t a direct hit. She be feeling it. Tallen went 2 for 3 with a BB

Rosie the birthday girl as mention by Chairmen went 2 for 3…2 doubles

Not going to go thru them all but you ask on how anyone done…I did keep a scorebook and gladly let you know.

We played a lot of small ball. Laid down bunch of SAC bunts and all. I felt somewhat sorry for USAO when we did. We made them looked JHish. But I want to see us play that type of small ball vs teams like Arkansas who has a better catcher and 3B.

I bragged about the speed that we had last yr with some of our Fr that came in. This yr team is much faster. But again, let’s see how we play it out against better competition.

For the whole 10 innings….we ended up with only 3 K’s

It was a good opening scrimmage. Wish I can make it up there Saturday but I can’t. The game has been moved to noon if anyone want to make the trip.

players that did not play last night:

Sailor Davis
Macy Graf
Keeled Freeman JUCO transfer from Eastern Oklahoma State
Michaela Wark
Claire Timm

Enjoy watching these ladies play ball. Want to give a shout-out to the fans that showed up.it was great to see that many peopl come to watch an exhibition game. If you follow me on twitter(X) @OSUfan19890 I snapped some photos just what the stadium looked like. It was great. That being said, here what I took from the game.

Coach Bergy- some of the drills that he has installed is freaking phenomenal. When he hit around to get the team ready is a little different and a lot more complicated. Or to me it’s complicated. For instance, fielders be throwing around and as soon as the first catcher catches the ball and apply an imaginary tag at home…the other catcher jumps up to make a throw to second to try to throw out the imaginary runner trying to steal second. How these ladies do not collide with one another is beyond me. I just like his drills. And…..don’t know if it’s a temporary thing or for now on…he was in the 3rd base coaches box while we were batting. Kenny was in the 1st base coaches box.

Pitchers- we pitched 6 of our 7 pitchers tonight. Maylen, Crandall, Aycock and Kutz pitched 2 innings each. Ogg and incoming Fr Hoffman 1 each. Sailor Davis is still trying to get back from last season surgery. The pitchers overall looked pretty good. Maylen rise ball was looked really good. She had little trouble hitting the corner on the right side of the plate vs left handed hitters. Either she was barely missing or the ump was not giving it to her. She ended up giving up 1 BB with 2 K’s. She also started the 1-4-3 double play to end the 1st.

Crandall my goodness she throws hard. She ended up with 3 K in two innings and worked both sides of the plate. It maybe me but I think at times she trying to overpower the hitters that she left couple over the plate that would be crushed against teams that WCWS potential. Good thing with both Crandall and Maylen is that Carrie Eberle has time to correct some of the minor mistakes as with all the pitchers.

Kyra Aycock looked healthy and throwing hard. The word I got was last yr from numerous people is that she was hurt all yr. Done what she could but wasn’t close to her Fr season in my book. Last night she looked good. Got a little wild at times but overall positive signs going forward. She ended up with 2 K.

Katie Kutz done great last night. She ended up with 4 K and a 1-3 GO with a BB. Her pitches looked faster than what I remember from last season and the movement was something else that fooled the hitters. I need to go find last yr when she pitch. Her technique looked a little different.

Madison Hoffman Fr did a nice job in her first college game(exhibition of course). She has some movement but not overpowering. She be a really good change of pace pitcher that will throw the timing off the hitters. Drop ball looked good. She had 1 K but the batter got on by pass ball.

Kathryn Ogg our lone Sr pitcher isn’t gonna over power the hitters….she hits her spots like last night, the Hoffman, she do that and the defense will back her up. She did a good job. She also had 1 K.

13 K 2 BB in all.

USAO had a total of 5 batters reached on base. As I already mentioned the 2 BB and pass ball….we committed 2 errors. First one was in the 3rd when Hoffman was pitching. Runner on 1st due to the K pass ball with one out. Grounder to Rosie Davis. She field it clean and made a perfect throw to Bloodworth that she dropped for a potential double play. The second error occurred in the 7th inning when Aycock was in. Rosie Davis mishandle a grounder. That runner eventually called out later for leaving the base too early for the 3rd out. Glad this is scrimmages but also don’t like seeing them.

We also had an incident in the 3rd inning….Fr Tara Vandewater was in to play 3rd with Bloodworth at SS. The ball was hit approx 5 feet behind 3B but few feet in foul territory……Vandewater was position to make the catch. Bloodworth was running over to make the play. This play happens right after Meagan error. Both girls were calling for it but neither caught it when they collided. Just want to let y’all know what happen on the play.

It maybe me…it looks like that our LF and RF is playing little more to the foul line when Delgadillo is playing CF. It’s worth noting going forward.

Hitting:

Speaking of Delgadillo…her first at bat, she hit a harder than usual running slap to 2B and still got on with ease. The wheels on her are real. Unfortunately she was called out for stepping out of the box when hitting the ball. She hit another later in the game even harder and was barely thrown out. I’m excited to see what she does when regular season start. She went 1 for 4 single to left.

Tallen Edwards almost went to jail for accidental homicide by flying object. After their RF dropped a foul fly to give Tallen another chance at bat…..she laser one right back at the pitcher. The pitcher looked like she didn’t have time to react. She didn’t even have her glove open when the ball ricochet off of it and into rf. Time was called after the play and I think the pitcher peed herself. Glad it wasn’t a direct hit. She be feeling it. Tallen went 2 for 3 with a BB

Not going to go thru them all but you ask on how anyone done…I did keep a scorebook and gladly let you know.

We played a lot of small ball. Laid down bunch of SAC bunts and all. I felt somewhat sorry for USAO when we did. We made them looked JHish. But I want to see us play that type of small ball vs teams like Arkansas who has a better catcher and 3B.

I bragged about the speed that we had last yr with some of our Fr that came in. This yr team is much faster. But again, let’s see how we play it out against better competition.

It was a good opening scrimmage. Wish I can make it up there Saturday but I can’t. The game has been moved to noon if anyone want to make the trip.
Thanks! 👍👍👍👍👍

13 K 2 BB in all.

Hitting:

How did bloodworth do at the plate?

I did not go to the game today cause I wanted to watch this terrible football game.

Meagan Delgadillo hit a homerun today vs C Arky. Saw it on twitter(X).

OSU won the game 13-1 today

Who planning on going to Tulsa on the 12th? That when we play Tulsa and Arkansas. This will give us a little of an idea just how good we might be.

JellyI just cranked open the old wallet this year and added men’s basketball and men’s wrestling to my season ticket collection which already had football, baseball, and softball! I am going to spending A LOT OF TIME IN STILLWATER this winter and Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤔
Jealousy Envy GIF by The Roku Channel

Back