Wichita State at OSU Game 3

We;re 25 in RPI right now with only conference series left. SOS currently is 138 (No. 1 aggy is 121 BTW), and can only improve at this point. We're fine, but not likely to host. We need a big season ending winning streak, including a sweep of UT, to get into that conversation.
Right now every prognostication I have seen has us somewhere between #10 and #13 national seed. Both of which would host a regional. Why do you think we're not likely to host?

Handle business (winning each series even without sweeps) and make a deep run in Arlington, who knows what will happen? Like you said, plenty of room to go up from here.

The two I saw had us as a two seed. RPI is 25, ranking is in the high teens, still work to do. I'll have a better prediction after the UT series. If we take two or more, I'll be way more confident we can host.

We;re 25 in RPI right now with only conference series left. SOS currently is 138 (No. 1 aggy is 121 BTW), and can only improve at this point. We're fine, but not likely to host. We need a big season ending winning streak, including a sweep of UT, to get into that conversation.
Such awful metrics to base getting into and seeding for the tourney on. Namely, I saw a projection that had Florida making it (and in our regional no less). Yes, the Florida team that's barely above .500 and hasn't won a series since March, because their SOS is so high. I couldn't care less what SOS is, if you don't win games, you stay home in the postseason. Period.

I've seen several projections that have us hosting. RPI is only one of the metrics. Can't tank against UT or TTU though.

1714702551847.png

1714702616183.png

Back